LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 252 users in the forums

Best TE's in the draft?

Who are the best Tight Ends in the draft and what round do you think they'll get picked?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He's not the best TE in the draft but I like Cole Turner from Nevada. Converted WR to TE, good size, makes some great catches in traffic and not afraid of going over the middle. Someone that Carson Strong looked to a lot on key plays in the red zone and 3rd down
Derrick Deese JR, 6th round
Greg Dulcich 5th round
Jeremy Ruckert, 3rd round
Trey McBride Round 2
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Don't know about the other guys but Wydermyer IMO could be Kittle 2.0 with Kyle. Blocks and can get you YAC.
I had em ranked this way:

TE:

1. Trey McBride Colorado State

2. Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina

3. Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M

4. Greg Dulcich UCLA

5. Jeremy Ruckert Ohio State

Sleeper: James Mitchell Virginia Tech

Derrick Deese Jr is nice too but if I drafted him I might try to convert him to OL. He's a great blocker in the run game and he would probably have a better future as an undersized Guard.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Trey McBride Round 2

This guy is a star.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Trey McBride Round 2

This guy is a star.

Yeah he can move to the first of he posts a good 40
Trey McBride Round 2

This. I like McBride a lot. Great instincts and feel for finding open spots in a zone. He's going to be some QB's best friend...or second best friend anyways.
Originally posted by BrianSaybean:
I had em ranked this way:

TE:

1. Trey McBride Colorado State

2. Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina

3. Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M

4. Greg Dulcich UCLA

5. Jeremy Ruckert Ohio State

Sleeper: James Mitchell Virginia Tech

Derrick Deese Jr is nice too but if I drafted him I might try to convert him to OL. He's a great blocker in the run game and he would probably have a better future as an undersized Guard.

I like Mitchell too, nice 4th-6th round

• 9moon
  • Veteran
No TE should be drafted in the 1st round... but the ones I saw, I like the kid from UCLA the most..
Best TE that is available in the 5th RD
If I could have 1 TE from this class in round 5 it would be Jelani Woods from VA... absolutely fluid in his movement and has the functional strength to be an inline blocker, sign me up!!!
Need to draft a quality TE to back up Brittle.
Originally posted by irishluder:
If I could have 1 TE from this class in round 5 it would be Jelani Woods from VA... absolutely fluid in his movement and has the functional strength to be an inline blocker, sign me up!!!

Co-signed.
Share 49ersWebzone