There are 218 users in the forums

Who would you have the Niners pick at #61 if these prospects were all available and why?

Who would you have the Niners pick at #61 if these prospects were all available and why?

After seeing a bunch of mock drafts, these four players have all been projected as the Niners top pick at pick #61. If these four prospects were available, who would you have the Niners pick and why? If it was me, I take Kyler Gordon CB because he could play either slot or boundary and he has all the physical tools to be a dominant player for a long time. The Niners have not drafted a CB in the first two rounds since 2004 (Shawntae Spencer!). I think it's high time they pick the best available CB instead of the alternatives. Your thoughts..............
Gordon or Pitre.

My hope would be to trade our second and 4th + Jimmy for a first round pick. We need a star in our secondary.
Gordon. That's an easy one to me considering the need at CB and I think he'd be BPA out of all those guys.
If Gordon is still on the board, the Niners better run like Rich Eisen to the podium.

Run Rich Run

I'd be ok if the Niners take Gordon with an early 2nd from a Jimmy trade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Gordon. That's an easy one to me considering the need at CB and I think he'd be BPA out of all those guys.

Agreed. Getting DJ Reed back would be nice in free agency, but they need a young potential star at CB in the worst way.
I'm happy with either Pitre or Gordon
Is Dax Hill a possibility?
Zion Johnson OC, Gordon, Pitre, Mafe in that order.

I know the secondary jumps out as a huge need but we can find starting caliber DB's in the 3rd and 4th.

we must have as solid of an Oline for Lance as possible to set him up for any success and Zion showed he can handle OC at the Senior Bowl and fared well without much training at the position. Mack may not come back and retire and regardless he is ancient and OC is a massive need for us either way. The FA market at OC won't help us much, Jensen will be paid higher than we can afford. Worst case Johnson starts at RG and Mack plays 22' and Johnson begins his integration.

Gordon is a great DB but are we benching Ambry Thomas? I'd rather wait till the 4th or 5th and take a developmental player to groom to be the 3rd DB. Marcus Jones would fill a need at nickel corner with good ball skills and can be an electric returner.

pitre makes a case to be the selection because Tartt will probably be gone via FA and Pitre is a very cerebral S that can come into camp and win that spot.

Edge is a deep position and we could land a solid rotational player in the 3rd or 4th.
All of those is a need, so I would probably go by using who's the highest on the big board.
Please let it be a DB whether it be one of the guys you mentioned or someone else. Hopefully, they're working on a package deal to go along with JG so we could get at least one 1st round, then snag a CB and safety with first two picks. A corner, safety and center/OG all in the first two rounds

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

DOUBT they are going to be there...

I like the idea of drafting a SS and a FS back to back..

Texas A&Ms and Oregon's.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

DOUBT they are going to be there...

I like the idea of drafting a SS and a FS back to back..

Texas A&Ms and Oregon's.

The question was if they were there
I think we pick before #61...they should get at least a 2nd rd pick for Jimmy, if not a 1st rounder. But, in the odd event we don't pick 'til 61 I'd take Pitre. I get the need at CB, but not having seen Gordon much at all, Pitre's the best secondary guy I saw at the Senior Bowl. Also saw him several times during Baylor's route to the Big 12 Championship. He's a terrific player who seems to be a guy Ryans could play virtually anywhere in the secondary.
Not even close Pitre. Niners biggest need is Safety too. Even if they somehow retain Tartt, their safeties are both hitting their 30s and they need some youth. Pitre also isn't just a Safety but he's a versatile defender who can play in the slot or as a LBer in nickel/Dime/Quarter packages.
Originally posted by BrianSaybean:
Not even close Pitre. Niners biggest need is Safety too. Even if they somehow retain Tartt, their safeties are both hitting their 30s and they need some youth. Pitre also isn't just a Safety but he's a versatile defender who can play in the slot or as a LBer in nickel/Dime/Quarter packages.

Like Hufanga?
Share 49ersWebzone