There are 223 users in the forums

Jalen Pitre S (DW) Baylor

Originally posted by Alfienator:
This guy will probably be long gone before our pick.

You think? I view him as a 2nd rd talent and his combine numbers will dictate if it's mid 2nd or lower.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Looks like this kid and the Washington corner are the two players we might need to trade up for.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ridiculous. More then any defensive linemen and linebacker. 100% because of him being a film junkie and football IQ

Somehow come away with Pitre and Watson in this draft and I wouldn't care if they drafted a Kicker and Punter
Originally posted by 49ers808:
So you think the end of round 2 is too early for him?

61 is early for us. Dont see safety as the biggest need worthy of spending our first pick on. Will wait on the combine results, but not sure Pitre has the range to play single high. Very impressive box skills, and wouldnt be surprised at the end of round 2 early round 3 grade. But I would covet someone with better coverage skills that early. Rather take CB/IOL/DE and then someone like Mckinley in the 3rd or 4th. I think there are a few late round Huf*ga types as well like Weatherford and Blankenship if you are looking for SS.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

61 is early for us. Dont see safety as the biggest need worthy of spending our first pick on. Will wait on the combine results, but not sure Pitre has the range to play single high. Very impressive box skills, and wouldnt be surprised at the end of round 2 early round 3 grade. But I would covet someone with better coverage skills that early. Rather take CB/IOL/DE and then someone like Mckinley in the 3rd or 4th. I think there are a few late round Huf*ga types as well like Weatherford and Blankenship if you are looking for SS.

He doesn't just play safety, he can play everywhere in the secondary.
I would draft this guy in a heartbeat unless one of the top CB's like Kyler Gordon is available or a speedy edge rusher like Boye Mafe was there.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

He doesn't just play safety, he can play everywhere in the secondary.

At 61 I'd rather have a future pro bowl safety or center than the 14th best WR or 9th best corner.
Originally posted by All22:
At 61 I'd rather have a future pro bowl safety or center than the 14th best WR or 9th best corner.

Thats a bit unfair. Pitre is the 5th safety on many boards. No guarantees for the pro bowl. You might be taking the 8th best CB at 61. Not a huge disparity, and that really just shows the values of the position. If you dont take CB then, 6 more might go before we pick again. At S, Mckinley could be there at 93.

61. 5th best S, 8th best CB
93. 6th best S, 14th best CB
K The more I look into him the more I like.

601 snaps in slot
153 snaps Dline
122 snaps in box
19 snaps corner
14 snaps as deep

PFF Quote:

Where he wins: Nose for the BallPitre's motor doesn't stop until he's arrived to the football. He acts like anyone in his way is insulting him.

PFF compares him to Jimmie Ward. I think this is our guy.

• All22
  • Veteran

Tart is a almost a linebacker and plays single high in our system. We don't need a guy in the Earl Thomas mold anymore.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I would draft this guy in a heartbeat unless one of the top CB's like Kyler Gordon is available or a speedy edge rusher like Boye Mafe was there.

Right there with you! Would be thrilled with any of them!
We'll be reading about the 49ers meeting with him soon
This kid is the real deal man. Versatile, versatile, versatile. Get this man on Demeco Ryans Defense. He has the instincts and ball skills to play safety, nickel corner, or in the box safety.

The only questions is will he drop to 61 pick in the 2nd round?
Originally posted by 49ergang261:
This kid is the real deal man. Versatile, versatile, versatile. Get this man on Demeco Ryans Defense. He has the instincts and ball skills to play safety, nickel corner, or in the box safety.

The only questions is will he drop to 61 pick in the 2nd round?

He'll make it to pick 60 and then we will draft a guard who was graded out as a 4th round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone