There are 171 users in the forums

Pierre Strong-RB-South Dakota State

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I literally felt that exact same vibe the first time I had a chance to dive in and watch him.
We could have an all-Dakota backfield next year with this guy.
Pierre is the capital of South Dakota and strong is not really a last name. It would be like having the name Boston Strong or Sacramento Strong. Sounds made up not sure about this guy.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I would never say this to his face but when Phoenix posts about a RB that RB normally ends up being a great pro.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ya'll remember when McDainels was throwing his fists in the air after SF moved up for Sermon....Not sure how much I value his player evaluations
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Ya'll remember when McDainels was throwing his fists in the air after SF moved up for Sermon....Not sure how much I value his player evaluations

Come on, I think most of us thought Sermon was a good prospect even if we were surprised by us taking a RB at that spot no?
Originally posted by 91til:
Come on, I think most of us thought Sermon was a good prospect even if we were surprised by us taking a RB at that spot no?

With two rooks last year I think we avoid RB this year maybe go with a vet to round out the RB room
draft em
Originally posted by 91til:

Not really. At least not for this system where it's all about faster or shiftier RBs. And if Kyle wanted more of a power back, he doesn't fit that either. He's a very average all around RB. Most of us were confused by it.

A really good breakdown of why Strong Jr. would thrive in the Niners zone run scheme.

He has great ankles and has a nasty cut move that's similar to LaDanian Thomlinson's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Film Breakdown: Pierre Strong Jr is the PERFECT Outside Zone RB | 2022 N... <a href="
" charset="utf-8"></script>
[ Edited by SinceXVI on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:48 PM ]
Probably the most natural fit for the 49ers scheme of any RB in this class
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Probably the most natural fit for the 49ers scheme of any RB in this class

I think so too. Hope the Niners get him, even as early as the 3rd round, I'd hate for him to goto the Rams.
Originally posted by SinceXVI:
A really good breakdown of why Strong Jr. would thrive in the Niners zone run scheme.

He has great ankles and has a nasty cut move that's similar to LaDanian Thomlinson's.

I'm only 10 seconds into this "Film Breakdown" video, and already I can envision Alex Gibbs absolutely ripping into Pierre Strong's ass for taking an unnecessary jab step as he presses the hole.

"That makes me absolutely sick" - probably Alex Gibbs in heaven
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 19, 2022 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by SinceXVI:

I'm only 10 seconds into this "Film Breakdown" video, and already I can envision Alex Gibbs absolutely ripping into Pierre Strong's ass for taking an unnecessary jab step as he presses the hole.

"That makes me absolutely sick" - probably Alex Gibbs in heaven

Riiight. He showed decisiveness, nibbleness, and good vision in finding the gap and exploding for a scoring run.
Share 49ersWebzone