There are 218 users in the forums

Calvin Austin-WR-Memphis

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Guys like Austin are always great in theory. But these speed guys don't always pan out. For every tyreek hill there is a john Ross. If Kyle drafts him ill be excited cause for the most part Kyle has nailed receiver position.

Austin is far more than a speed guy. Austin can use his quickness to beat DB's right off the line. He has the quickness and agility to win in the short to intermediate area and the speed to house it if he catches a defense slipping.

You think he's a better route runner than Rondale Moore?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
You think he's a better route runner than Rondale Moore?

I don't know if he's a better route runner but he doesn't come with all the injury concerns that Moore had.

Damn those are filthy. If he runs fast at the combine he's gonna sky rocket. What's his current projection?2nd round?
Damn those are filthy. If he runs fast at the combine he's gonna sky rocket. What's his current projection?2nd round?

Late 2nd to mid 3rd. Because of his size, he won't be a great fit for everyone but for creative playcallers, he could be a tremendous weapon.
He's this year's version of Jaelon Darden, a draft crush of many here, but with much better long speed, and even better burst. This is not just a "fast deep threat". Stop start is freakish. Obviously, he wouldn't be the same player, but if he was even just 5'10, he'd be unquestioned first rounder.

Late 2nd to mid 3rd. Because of his size, he won't be a great fit for everyone but for creative playcallers, he could be a tremendous weapon.

i haven't watched him yet but the way you're describing him is percy harvin/tavon austin

not thats a bad thing because in the right offense they are total mismatch nightmares but is that the type of player you see?
I love Austin as a player. His only negative, and it's a huge one is the fact that he's 5'7"
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I love Austin as a player. His only negative, and it's a huge one is the fact that he's 5'7" and not coming out of Alabama.

FIFY. YW
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I love Austin as a player. His only negative, and it's a huge one is the fact that he's 5'7" and not coming out of Alabama.

FIFY. YW

Nah, he's from Memphis. Tons of talent in and around that city.

4.32 40 👀
Originally posted by NYniner85:
4.32 40 👀

I would draft him just for special teams.

Where you think he goes after today?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Where you think he goes after today?

2nd for sure, but with the amount of reciever's that ran blazing fast he could still make the early 3rd.

Skyy Moore def raised his stock a ton too
Share 49ersWebzone