There are 134 users in the forums

Brant Kuithe TE Utah

This dude is as close to Kittle as anyone I've seen in college lately. Can be had in late rounds. Go get heeem!!!!

I like the UCLA tight end, Greg Dulcich.
I like the CSU kid Trey McBride
James Mitchell Virginia Tech in the late rounds!
Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina is a sleeper in the late rounds.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
This dude is as close to Kittle as anyone I've seen in college lately. Can be had in late rounds. Go get heeem!!!!

He's small though. Can he block? If so, he might be a mid round guy, but being 6'2 probably hurts him.
Why are we talking about TE's? Think there are a few more pronounced areas of need than a TE. If you are all thinking that the Niners will replace Ross Dwelley, than it will be a late day three or UDFA priority.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why are we talking about TE's? Think there are a few more pronounced areas of need than a TE. If you are all thinking that the Niners will replace Ross Dwelley, than it will be a late day three or UDFA priority.

Cause our Front Office plugs the immediate holes with Free Agency so they can be more flexible in the draft. I don't think it's a crazy notion come Draft time we won't have a huge need at CB, ER and C. But we all know when this team loses Kittle the offense struggles more than just about every position. I think a TE in round 3 isn't a horrible idea.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 3, 2022 at 9:36 AM ]

Because we're fans? But if I'm the 49ers, I learn my lesson from Patrick Mahomes and scout every position regardless of my well laid plans.
Shanny has shown a lot of interest in 2 TE sets as well, probably wants a more complete blocking/receiving TE like Kittle backnig him up to complement him and force D's to account for.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Cause our Front Office plugs the immediate holes with Free Agency so they can be more flexible in the draft. I don't think it's a crazy notion come Draft time we won't have a huge need at CB, ER and C. But we all know when this team loses Kittle the offense struggles more than just about every position. I think a TE in round 3 isn't a horrible idea.

Im sorry, it is. Said player won't play enough. 3rd round we are still talking possible starters. Only role player I could deal with is a deep threat receiver that can return kicks.

3rd round pick on a number 2 TE? Over corner, edge, and OL? Can't do it.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Im sorry, it is. Said player won't play enough. 3rd round we are still talking possible starters. Only role player I could deal with is a deep threat receiver that can return kicks.

Read bold. Clearly if we go into the draft with a huge hole we should aim to plug it but we normally go into the draft looking to amplify positions rather than plug holes.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Read bold. Clearly if we go into the draft with a huge hole we should aim to plug it but we normally go into the draft looking to amplify positions rather than plug holes.

I read that. Just didn't think we'd be in position to adequately plug those holes. I figured in house extensions would be the priority. Tomlinson, Bosa, and Samuel. Granted Bosa has 2 more years, but why wait? After thats done, where will we be cap wise to again adequately address our holes in free agency?
Share 49ersWebzone