LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2022 EDGE class

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
bump....who we got on day 2/3 that might be in play?

Some dudes I'm interested in are

Boye Mafe Minnesota- #5 in Bruce Feldman's Freak list (40½ inch vert, BJ 10-6. He has run a 4.57 40. His 10-yard split is 1.58. His short shuttle is 4.3. He can power clean 400 pounds and squats 653.)
Drake Jackson USC
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
Sam Williams Old Miss
Michael Clemons Texas A&M (5th rd guy)
Bonitto seems to fit the bill as well

The only thing about Mafe is that in the clips that I've seen he seems to be a stand up rusher. How well can he adjust to his hand being down?

had his hand in the dirt at the senior bowl

I honestly don't see it as that big of a deal for him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 22, 2022 at 6:14 AM ]
so much talent at the position we cant ignore the EDGE position this year someone really good is going to drop

we need to resign Key and draft one
This kid is reminds me of Haason Reddick. Coaching staff didn't helped him by dropping him into coverage for the most part but he has a high winning rate when he's getting after the QB.

[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Feb 22, 2022 at 6:53 AM ]
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
This kid is reminds me of Haason Reddick. Coaching staff didn't helped him by dropping him into coverage for the most part but he has a high winning rate when he's getting after the QB.

I mean do you think he's a scheme fit for SF? I agree he's got some Reddick juice I just see him as a OLB who isn't gonna throw his hand in the dirt. He's kinda similar to Ebukam in that speed rusher role.

Where's he looking at being drafted? Day 3? Not sure he's a 3rd down guy for us.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 22, 2022 at 7:05 AM ]

i like him as a player a lot but size/strength is a bit of an issue with him. He is a tweener type of player imo a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 OLB pass rusher like Parsons.

I think there is a legit concern if he can play 4-3 DE at a consistent level due to his size
Some guys I want to watch

Zach Harrison OSU
Drake Jackson USC
Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
George Karlaftis Purdue
Brenton Cox jr Florida
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina

Do you think any of these guys might be available in the 3rd round. Since we don't have a 1st I'm assuming that the 2nd round will be used on a DB or OL. If we get another 2nd for Jimmy then we could cover both of those spots in the 2nd and draft an edge in the 3rd.

I mean do you think he's a scheme fit for SF? I agree he's got some Reddick juice I just see him as a OLB who isn't gonna throw his hand in the dirt. He's kinda similar to Ebukam in that speed rusher role.

Where's he looking at being drafted? Day 3? Not sure he's a 3rd down guy for us.

He's projected as a Day 2 prospect. I actually think the 3-4 OLB only or a 4-3 DE only thingy is overrated and outdated. Most modern era defenses runs some sort of a hybrid system where both positions are interchangeable. Dee Ford and Haason Reddick were both college OLB who converted to Edge fulltime in the NFL, Reddick finally did the past two years and he took off with it. The Niners need a speed rusher opposite of Bosa and Bonitto fits the bill IMO. He's not bad at defending the run also.
Originally posted by ritz126:
i like him as a player a lot but size/strength is a bit of an issue with him. He is a tweener type of player imo a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 OLB pass rusher like Parsons.

I think there is a legit concern if he can play 4-3 DE at a consistent level due to his size

If we had Parsons rushing opposite of Bosa I would cream my pants.

He's projected as a Day 2 prospect. I actually think the 3-4 OLB only or a 4-3 DE only thingy is overrated and outdated. Most modern era defenses runs some sort of a hybrid system where both positions are interchangeable. Dee Ford and Haason Reddick were both college OLB who converted to Edge fulltime in the NFL, Reddick finally did the past two years and he took off with it. The Niners need a speed rusher opposite of Bosa and Bonitto fits the bill IMO. He's not bad at defending the run also.

This. Brian Burns is similar sized and doing just fine in the league.
The edge is so deep in this draft, but I have this feeling we won't pick one early and the pick will be a who's that?

Would you take an edge at 11 if Washington does the unthinkable?
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:

Lots of variables. But if one is worthy of 11 hell yea. But if Stingley fell cause of his injury concerns then he's the pick. Or if all the good edge rushers are gone and Stingleys gone grab Brisker and enjoy.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:

Lots of variables. But if one is worthy of 11 hell yea. But if Stingley fell cause of his injury concerns then he's the pick. Or if all the good edge rushers are gone and Stingleys gone grab Brisker and enjoy.

im going CB at 11. If Stingley,Garner or McDuffie i would pick them up in a second there at 11.

Another option i would be happy with is Lindarbaum the best C prospect maybe ever

if we do go EDGE which wouldnt be a bad choice i think the only option worth a top 10-15 pick is Karlaftis. (obviously Hutchinson and Thibodeuax are going in top 3 if not top 2)
[ Edited by ritz126 on Feb 22, 2022 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:

If we had Parsons rushing opposite of Bosa I would cream my pants.

Parsons was always seen as a top 15 pick though Bonitto is very good but not at that level

the issue is if we stick to 4-3 then you're essentially blitzing with him every play like Cowboys did. Im not saying it would be a bad pick but i think what we need is a full time EDGE player not a situational guy like i think Bonitto would be in our system

Doesnt he weigh like 235 lbs? His measurement is going to be one to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone