LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

2022 EDGE class

I know it's super early BUT no reason not to throw some names out there (sorry if there's already a thread).

IMO SF is gonna need to upgrade at EDGE across from Bosa after this yr...no 1st rd pick hurts but that doesn't mean we can't look at some edge guys.

Who you interested in watching?
Myjai Sanders
Boye Mafe

DeAngelo Malone
Adisa Isaac
Kingsley Enagbare
Adam Anderson
Drake Jackson
Some guys I want to watch

Zach Harrison OSU
Drake Jackson USC
Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
George Karlaftis Purdue
Brenton Cox jr Florida
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 6, 2021 at 7:18 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Myjai Sanders
Boye Mafe

DeAngelo Malone
Adisa Isaac
Kingsley Enagbare
Adam Anderson
Drake Jackson

IMO there's some good pass rushers in this upcoming draft, good depth as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah, I like the class. I might change my mind depending how this season goes but at this point I'm hoping we're able to grab two.

Yeah, I like the class. I might change my mind depending how this season goes but at this point I'm hoping we're able to grab two.

would love that.... Enagbare is an intriguing prospect who might find himself as a top 50 prospect all said an done.

would love that.... Enagbare is an intriguing prospect who might find himself as a top 50 prospect all said an done.

Yea, players like him and Myjai are likely out of reach. The wishful thinker in me is hoping for a Sam Bradford level return for Jimmy G, maybe to the WFT? If we can get a first rounder for Jimmy, my favorite prospect and first round target is Andrew Booth Jr, cornerback. In the second I would like to go with Linderbaum, but he's likely out of reach by the time we pick. Thankfully there's quite a few centers I like, and I also really like CB Taiwan Mullen. But this leaves mid round for edge, and I'd be stoked with Boye Mafe and Adisa Isaac. Throw in a fast WR like Reggie Roberson (injury concerns may drop him) and it's a win to me

Yea, players like him and Myjai are likely out of reach. The wishful thinker in me is hoping for a Sam Bradford level return for Jimmy G, maybe to the WFT? If we can get a first rounder for Jimmy, my favorite prospect and first round target is Andrew Booth Jr, cornerback. In the second I would like to go with Linderbaum, but he's likely out of reach by the time we pick. Thankfully there's quite a few centers I like, and I also really like CB Taiwan Mullen. But this leaves mid round for edge, and I'd be stoked with Boye Mafe and Adisa Isaac. Throw in a fast WR like Reggie Roberson (injury concerns may drop him) and it's a win to me

It would be one of the smarter things WFT has done. Say what you will about Jimmy, but he can win when he has talent and protection. The contract is a negative but if Jimmy does well this year, perhaps they would be willing.

End of the day there's only 32 players taken in the 1st rd....everyone thought Creed Humphrey was a for sure top 50 pick as well. Also if SF loves a guy they have shown they're not scared to move up a little if need be.

I love me some Linderbaum, he's pretty light in the pants though.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It would be one of the smarter things WFT has done. Say what you will about Jimmy, but he can win when he has talent and protection. The contract is a negative but if Jimmy does well this year, perhaps they would be willing.

I'm not counting on any compensation for Jimmy...I mean that would be great and could happen, but I'm not gonna count on it.

If someone does trade for him, they will give him an extension or restructure his deal in 2022 most likely anyway.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

Guess we will probably have to trade up because our 1st pick won't be until 64 overall

I'm not counting on any compensation for Jimmy...I mean that would be great and could happen, but I'm not gonna count on it.

If someone does trade for him, they will give him an extension or restructure his deal in 2022 most likely anyway.

I would. We have seen far lesser talents go for more. I'm not going to say I am sure we will get a great deal (1st or 2nd), but it isn't unreasonable to think a conditional 3rd. Injuries aside, the guy wins.
I would. We have seen far lesser talents go for more. I'm not going to say I am sure we will get a great deal (1st or 2nd), but it isn't unreasonable to think a conditional 3rd. Injuries aside, the guy wins.

who has gone for that kind of compensation with $27M on the books (and being that injured)? IMO Kyle would have gotten similar results with about 15-18 different QBs in this league. I think that's more true then Jimmy being a QB that wins all the time. Goff won a ton of games and LA in part had to give up picks to move him.

We will see, expecting compensation is a bonus, not a likely outcome IMO.

who has gone for that kind of compensation with $27M on the books (and being that injured)? IMO Kyle would have gotten similar results with about 15-18 different QBs in this league. I think that's more true then Jimmy being a QB that wins all the time. Goff won a ton of games and LA in part had to give up picks to move him.

We will see, expecting compensation is a bonus, not a likely outcome IMO.

Conditional 3rd isn't expensive. The Rams got a top tier QB and were able to unload a heavy contract. Not close to the same as this situation. Jimmy has one year left on a deal that is just outside the top 10 and can be extended for a value that fits him longterm (middle of the pack).

Whewww
Share 49ersWebzone