LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

2021 Draft is Over and...

• Hopper
  • Veteran
A-. They grabbed the QB of the future and added much needed young talent on the OLine and in the Secondary.

I'm actually not really concerned they didn't draft a WR. I'm only concerned about the lack of depth behind Warner and Greenlaw.
This was the Trey Lance draft. End of. It will be judged in future solely by him, sink or swim. Everything else is just detail. And because Lance was such a brave, confident pick I give it A+. No one will bother about the day 3 picks any more than they will care about the UDFAs. Oh, if any of them make it that will be great. But not important.

Every year people downgrade the draft because they don't like some of the lower picks. With a strong roster like ours most of these guys are going to struggle to do better than the PS. And that is a good thing. If we get one starter and two solid depth players out of this after Lance, that will be a result.

it's the Trey Lance draft and all eyes are on him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, it was the Trey Lance draft all eyes will be on him. I comfortable with how the rest of the draft went.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
This was the Trey Lance draft. End of. It will be judged in future solely by him, sink or swim. Everything else is just detail. And because Lance was such a brave, confident pick I give it A+. No one will bother about the day 3 picks any more than they will care about the UDFAs. Oh, if any of them make it that will be great. But not important.

Every year people downgrade the draft because they don't like some of the lower picks. With a strong roster like ours most of these guys are going to struggle to do better than the PS. And that is a good thing. If we get one starter and two solid depth players out of this after Lance, that will be a result.

it's the Trey Lance draft and all eyes are on him.

I think the main complaint of the draft was on Day Two - it seemed like the 49ers were reaching a little. Also, don't disrespect the Day 3 picks, some times a pick (Kittle) saves a draft that failed on the first 2 days.
Share 49ersWebzone