LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

9moon's Annual Draft Prospects Comparison

• 9moon
  • Veteran
1) Trevor Lawrence - If Todd Marinovich was the ROBO QB, then Trevor is ULTRON (Combining the talent of: Manning - Luck - Elway)

2) Zack Wilson - at worst he'll be Jay Cutler and at best he'll be Matthew Stafford

3) Justin Fields - he's a bigger and a taller Russell Wilson

4) Mac Jones - Eli all over again

5) Trey Lance - this was really hard for me because he just didn't play enough, and some of the great plays he made was not even off of broken plays, it was because he didn't know how to react to the defense so he let his running skill bail him out.. I remember watching another raw talent like his before, and it was the late AIR MCNAIR.

6) Kyle Trask - he's today's Trent Dilfer at worst but Rivers at best

7) Kellen Mond - this kid remind so much of a taller Ty Detmer, just watch him play, or watch his plays, and go watch TY epecially against the U... man, they even have the same release..

8) Davis Mills - an under develop Matt Ryan...

.. it's funny because after watching their highlights, this 8 can all be drafted within the first 2 rounds !!

IF the Patriots may just be better off with Micah then take Mond in the 2nd round

Chicago - will wait and see who's there left in the 2nd round and draft that kid..

Washington - I see Washington trading down if the WR they like isn't there, then I see them rolling the dice on Mills.

.. and IF Mills still there, he can be the Bucs future at the QB position.
I see Eli in Jones too.... except I like Eli alot...LOT ......LOT more.

I think the NFL version of Eli might have been one of the worst versions of Eli we could have gotten. I think an Eli under Shanny would have been closer to peak Brett Farve.

I honestly think Mond is the best value in that group if he ends up in a good spot. I would have loved Mond on the 49ers sitting behind Jimmy G.

I hope the 49ers blow our mind and Go Pitts at 3 and find a way to land Mond.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

I hope the 49ers blow our mind and Go Pitts at 3 and find a way to land Mond.

Lol
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 17, 2021 at 1:17 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
So Mac Jones will win 2 SB's while Fields will only win 1?

Mac Jones is Chris Simms
Trevor Lawrence - he is like Vernon Davis. Doesn't seem to like football. Will walk away and start a Jamba Juice business after a CTE scare or something. Bust

Zach Wilson - will be like Rodgers / Mahomes if the 49ers draft him. Will be Stafford if the Jets draft him ( a loser)

Justin Fields - I like the Wilson comp

Mac Jones - Dalton. After we draft him, we will be an okay 8-8 and 9-7 team. He will put up numbers and make a few pro bowls, but wont be big time. Kyle will get canned like Marvin Lewis

Kyle Trask - The next Roethlisberger. Steelers will be keying in.

Trey Lance - Cam Newton

Mond - Dak

Davis Mills - I see Eli Manning in this guy. IF we didn't trade up, I would have drafted him in the 2nd round.
I think Fields plays within the system way more than Wilson. They throw a different ball and Fields is faster. Wilson is more elusive and slippery.
Lawrence--A more athletic Andrew Luck but with Urban Meyer he´ll bust and he doesn´t seem to really like football.

-Wilson--I can see some of Mahomes/Rodgers in him but he needs to be drafted by Shanahan to get that ceiling.

-Fields--Cam Newton with better accuracy.

-Lance--Colin Kaepernick.

-Jones--Kirk Cousins at best.

-Trask--Chad Pennington at best.

-Mond--Jimmy Garoppolo with mobility.

-Mils--I can see the comparision with Eli.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This is who they remind me of, not a projection

Lawrence-- Peyton Manning with wheels

-Wilson-- Aaron Rodgers

-Fields-- Russell Wilson

-Lance--Colin Kaepernick/ Steve McNair

-Jones--Kurt Warner

-Trask-- Kirk Cousins

-Mond--Ryan Tannehill/ Bridgewater

-Mills-- Matt Hasselbeck
Personally...Fields gives me Steve McNair, Deshaun Watson vibes. But, without the controversy.

Share 49ersWebzone