LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Are we going to take ONLY one QB?

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
That strategy worked real well for Washington though when RG3 went down. I could see them wanting to recreate it. Good insurance policy.

I understand your philosophy. Not saying it's a bad one. Just saying Rosen may be the vet version of what you are looking for in that 2nd QB

I agree with Kriz here, especially with the Sudfield signing. I could see us taking one day 3 next year though.
Yes, after they signed Sudfield, I really don't see them wasting a draft pick on another guy. They paid him more than the usual
Cousins wasn't just a 4th rounder to the Shannahans. IIRC they thought he was a potential FQB and possibly better than RG3 and were shocked he fell to the 4th where Snyder wouldn't freak out if they took a second QB. I think the main reason drafting 2 QBs worked out was because the second one was really good, and they knew it.

Maybe there is some sleeper QB in this draft they view as a FQB like they looked at Cousins, but if that were the case, they would have probably kept all the future #1s and just stayed at 12 or traded down to "reach" for their guy.
Originally posted by Midbay:
Cousins wasn't just a 4th rounder to the Shannahans. IIRC they thought he was a potential FQB and possibly better than RG3 and were shocked he fell to the 4th where Snyder wouldn't freak out if they took a second QB. I think the main reason drafting 2 QBs worked out was because the second one was really good, and they knew it.

Maybe there is some sleeper QB in this draft they view as a FQB like they looked at Cousins, but if that were the case, they would have probably kept all the future #1s and just stayed at 12 or traded down to "reach" for their guy.

He wasn't their first choice at that spot though. Russell Wilson was.
Surprised no one has brought this up till now, but I don't think they will trade Jimmy G and rely on two rookies at QB this year. Who knows it may work.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Surprised no one has brought this up till now, but I don't think they will trade Jimmy G and rely on two rookies at QB this year. Who knows it may work.

If they get offered a 1st they would.
Originally posted by mayo49:

So they won't.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ripamaru:
Originally posted by mayo49:

So they won't.

If the Pats offered the #15 for Jimmy, I think they'd do it.
Share 49ersWebzone