There are 161 users in the forums

2nd Rd Target - post trade

2nd Rd Target - post trade

Well, no one can accuse ShannaLynch of sitting on their hands now. After a solid FA run, and a no brainer pick at #3, the Niners draft gets really interesting at 2/11.

I am going to assume the Niners keep Jimmy for one more year. If they decide to wait to extend Warner, Jimmy gives Shannahan the best chance to run the full playbook, gives the rook a year to learn AND if Jimmy plays well, it only increases his value for next year when they lose their 1st.

I can make an easy case for targeting BPA at CB or DE. Both positions should have some viable options at 2/11.

It would also be great to pick up an additional pick in a trade down after losing the third in the Miami trade.

I could also easily see targeting an OT/OG type like Mayfield or an OG/OC candidate like Vera-Tucker IF he falls. I think this is a luxury pick, but it would be viavle luxury to shore up that oline. It is possible they just roll with their current depth at RG with a competition between Brunskill and McKivitz, but if they see an obvious upgrade and future RT or OC that can win the RG this year, its tough to bypass

Where do the Niners go with their 2nd rd pick, post trade?
It has to be a corner hopefully Tyson Campbell or Asante Jr
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm in the process of mocking now and find myself either picking Wyatt Davis if he falls or trading out of the 2nd altogether for 2 3rds.
Ronnie Perkins
Depending on who is available,I can see a trade down. Some sound drafting and working the boards could net them 3 contributors or starters in 2021. A RG, a corner, and edge rusher would see significant playing time.
I say go OL. There are some great day 2 prospects so let's continue to improve the OL for our future QB.
Following Caleb Farley's 2nd back surgery, how would you feel about drafting him in the 2nd round if he dropped? I would like cornerback or offensive line depth, unless a dynamic playmaker is there.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Following Caleb Farley's 2nd back surgery, how would you feel about drafting him in the 2nd round if he dropped? I would like cornerback or offensive line depth, unless a dynamic playmaker is there.

This years slot WR pool is pretty deep. They can probably get a quality KR/PR slot into the 4th or 5th.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

No way in hell Farley drops to the 2nd and if miraculously he did to us they can seriously quit because they hit a grand slam unless they pick Jones at 3
Probably corner but maybe O line. It depends on who is there when they pick. I could also see them trading it along with a 4th or 5th rounder to try and get a 2022 1st rounder. It really comes down to how they value the players that are available.

I would not sleep on them grabbing another offensive weapon like TE Brevin Jordan. Shanahan does like his 2 TE formations.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I would not sleep on them grabbing another offensive weapon like TE Brevin Jordan. Shanahan does like his 2 TE formations.

Bwrote trade up, Jordan was becoming my target
BPA.

Ideally, a CB who is ready to start right away, even at the expense of a perceived ceiling, is available, especially given Verrett's injury concerns and the mixed bag of results from Mosely this far in his career. However, I expect 5 or 6 CBs to already be off of the board by the time our second round pick comes around.

If we can trade down for two thirds, I'd do it. A lot of draft crushes we are going to miss on now with us moving up for the QB.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

Agreed. I think it's defense- edge or corner. But I'd love to land Jordan and hope he slips in the draft. 2nd round pick needs to be an immediate starter or a major contributor at backup.
Other than QB, I think any position, just best player available. We could obviously use help at CB, RG, or rotational DE, but a rookie S could be helpful, as could a slot WR, or rookie OT type.
Share 49ersWebzone