LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

2nd Rd Target - post trade

2nd Rd Target - post trade

Originally posted by Mooseman:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Best player available

Teams always say , Best Player Available.

Not true, It's always BPA for need. Always.

No it's not, but it's a process, first you list your don't needs, like the Chiefs don't need a QB so they all come off the board.

Then you grade the players into tiers. Then you list your needs. If CB tops your needs you draft one if looking at two players in the same tier. If one is a clear level above, that's who you draft.

At least that's how the smart teams do it.
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I would love to see a RB in the 2nd round or maybe even a trade back into the late 1st to get Etienne or Najee Harris. I am obsessed with the idea of Najee Harris in this offense. Mostert is great, but we have no depth at RB. Wilson is a nice complimentary back, but who else do we have?
I would do one of three. First option find a tackle to replace Mcglinchy may have to trade up but not a problem cause they would get back draft capital after trading Mcglinchy. Second grab said tackle or best fit of CB, Edge, third and probably least popular but the one I would seriously consider is trading back maybe 10-15 spots. There is a gluttony of talent with about the same grade in the middle of the second to the fourth. They could add several contributors and dominate!!
BPA of CB/Edge/IOL/TE.

I said what I said!
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I would do one of three. First option find a tackle to replace Mcglinchy may have to trade up but not a problem cause they would get back draft capital after trading Mcglinchy. Second grab said tackle or best fit of CB, Edge, third and probably least popular but the one I would seriously consider is trading back maybe 10-15 spots. There is a gluttony of talent with about the same grade in the middle of the second to the fourth. They could add several contributors and dominate!!

They're not trading McGlinchey. They have plenty of holes to address without creating new ones.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

They're not trading McGlinchey. They have plenty of holes to address without creating new ones.

Yeah yeah that's what everybody said about TB. They are not going to pay Mcglinchy his 5th year option now is the time to trade him out.

Yeah yeah that's what everybody said about TB. They are not going to pay Mcglinchy his 5th year option now is the time to trade him out.

Trade McGlinchy.....draft Sewell!
Kellen Mond to compete with the 3rd draft pick...like RG3 nd Cousins
Originally posted by boomer49er:

As awesome that would be but no!! They could come away with ether Jackson, Leatherwood, or Radunz.
Originally posted by Karma:
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I would love to see a RB in the 2nd round or maybe even a trade back into the late 1st to get Etienne or Najee Harris. I am obsessed with the idea of Najee Harris in this offense. Mostert is great, but we have no depth at RB. Wilson is a nice complimentary back, but who else do we have?

Javonte Williams in KS's offense pairing up with the rookie QB is just not fair.

Originally posted by boomer49er:

As awesome that would be but no!! They could come away with ether Jackson, Leatherwood, or Radunz.

If they can snag an OT/OG to challenge for the starting RG spot this year at the late 3rd comp pock, it would be great value.

We just have so many other needs, and the offense has been productive with anyone with 2 legs playing RB. Would be a luxury to have a top talent at RB, don't get me wrong, but I bet we strike later in the draft. Mostert with a 6th round pick. Jeff Wilson was undrafted. Hasty was undrafted. We will add something to the stable in the late rounds.
BPA based on team needs.

Wanted Najee Harris to be the dark horse trade down pick, he would smash like Hulk in this offense
Originally posted by scooterhd:

We just have so many other needs, and the offense has been productive with anyone with 2 legs playing RB. Would be a luxury to have a top talent at RB, don't get me wrong, but I bet we strike later in the draft. Mostert with a 6th round pick. Jeff Wilson was undrafted. Hasty was undrafted. We will add something to the stable in the late rounds.

The Shanahan family does have a history of turning late round/UDFA RBs into studs and Kyle might feel burned by the Joe Williams flop, but I don't see any other position group with less depth. I guess you could argue WR or IOL, but I still think RB is too big of a drop off right now. Mostert is a stud, Wilson is solid and then Hasty is basically an unknown. We'll see, but I am most worried about that group right now given Mostert's age/ injury history...
Share 49ersWebzone