LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Teven Jenkins-OT/OG-Oklahoma State

Jenkins is not someone I've watched much of so when it was reported that the 49ers were meeting with him, my curiosity was piqued. I'm three games in thus far and with all due respect to Arkansas legend and NBA player Corliss Williamson, this dude's nickname really ought to be Big Nasty. He plays with an edge and a mean streak that you love to see. Insanely powerful and someone that just physically dominates the guy lining up from him. Great hand use with a powerful punch that stuns defenders. Shows good awareness along the line, picks up blitzes well with good anticipation. He does play off balance at times, feet aren't always that active but his strength allows him a bit of leeway when he does get beat. Athleticism is good enough to get out to the second level regularly and when he finishes, he does it with authority.

I think he's an ideal fit at right tackle at the NFL level. He gives you a lot of what McGlinchey does but with greatly increased power and ferocity. I think he can be a pretty good right tackle but if you were to play him inside, he might be one of the top guards in the league.

All in all I wouldn't be upset if the 49ers drafted him. I'm not sure he'll ever be a left tackle in the NFL but he can be a very good presence on the right side, at either tackle or guard. Compared to McGlinchey, he's less finesse over just being a barroom brawler. There's flashes of him completely dominating DL's that I can't recall ever seeing with the former.

Stuff like this will make Shanahan sit up and take notice. Great awareness and timing.
Big Nasty.

Dude is so disrespectful. I love it.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Some linemen play in a very workmanlike fashion. "Welp this is my job so I gotta go handle this." Jenkins plays like everyone on the defense was talking nonstop s**t about his mom for the entire week leading up to the game.
I've said this in a few threads. I would LOVE to plug him in at RG this year, and prep him to take over RT next yea if McG doesn't earn a second contract with his play this year.
Dudes a grizzly bear, when he gets his paws on ya you're done. Issue is he's got baby arms (reportedly sub 33")

If we could come away with Lance and Jenkins with our 1st 2 picks that would be a home run
Originally posted by Butter:
I've said this in a few threads. I would LOVE to plug him in at RG this year, and prep him to take over RT next yea if McG doesn't earn a second contract with his play this year.

This is a good plan.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If we could come away with Lance and Jenkins with our 1st 2 picks that would be a home run

I too would like to get two Top 25 players with the 12th and 44th picks in the draft but I don't see that happening. Jenkins could easily wind up as the third tackle picked in the draft, going in the Top 20 picks. He's an instant starter right out of the gate and works in just about any blocking scheme.
Originally posted by Butter:

Hmm.. not a bad idea. Big nasty as Phoenix said.. I like it! Where's NC at 😁
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Some linemen play in a very workmanlike fashion. "Welp this is my job so I gotta go handle this." Jenkins plays like everyone on the defense was talking nonstop s**t about his mom for the entire week leading up to the game.

Love it, saw a Michael Oher Blindside rep in there as well!

Wouldn't be mad, but a few trade downs for me, I doubt he gets passed the Steelers though.
Share 49ersWebzone