LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

cb Patrick Surtain

Bit surprised there is no thread yet for this guy. Mel Kiper and PFF both give him to us in the 1st and I must admit, much as I would like a qb and a rebuild of the O line starting with a Center, I wouldn't be too upset.
Yeah. I think it's because he's a pretty solid prospect, with fewer questions than most prospects. Honestly, I've been picking him in most of my mocks. Love the stock. I also have a habit of looking for people with former players and Olympic athletes from some of the earlier Madden Superstar modes, lol. The only thing bad I've heard about him is he isn't a burner.
  • Mr711
Best CB in the draft... not even close. This is the must pick IMO if he's there. Watch him play the last two years and he's legit. He's only gotten better as the years went on.

Solid player and his pops has been a huge influence in his life as well. Can't go wrong with this pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seriously doubt the 49ers will use a top 15 pick on aa CB. I mean if they're not looking to take a QB cause they traded for Kirk Cousins ( ) then I would hope they would take Ja'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith. Also would much rather look towards free agency for a CB, maybe a second tier like Michael Davis (Fred Warner college teammate) or Travis Carrie.
I don't see a team that runs a some sort of zone shell 70% of the time spending a top 12 pick on a CB.

IF they magically switched to a man heavy scheme, I would understand needed to get that top man coverage skill set (which is why you spend up for a CB). I don't see our overall defensive scheme changing, thus I don't see them needing to spend up on a CB. You can find good zone cover DBs later. This defense is based around the DL.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seriously doubt the 49ers will use a top 15 pick on aa CB. I mean if they're not looking to take a QB cause they traded for Kirk Cousins ( ) then I would hope they would take Ja'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith. Also would much rather look towards free agency for a CB, maybe a second tier like Michael Davis (Fred Warner college teammate) or Travis Carrie.

Agreed I don't see them picking a CB in the first. But I will lose it if we spend another top 50 pick for the third year in a row on a receiver.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Feb 1, 2021 at 7:53 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think Washington or New England will end up moving up to our spot...

Rivera is a good coach, he saw how dangerous his team could be w/a couple of players here and there... he's not gonna wait that long to his developing team since the NFC EAST is weak.. it's their for the taking and if a QB is there, then they move up..
Originally posted by 9moon:

Rivera is a good coach, he saw how dangerous his team could be w/a couple of players here and there... he's not gonna wait that long to his developing team since the NFC EAST is weak.. it's their for the taking and if a QB is there, then they move up..

Actually I think the NFC east is on the verge of breaking out. The Bills are already good and Miami made huge strides last year. They have a lot of picks so they could become a real force in that division. The Jets stink but they also have a lot of draft picks and cap space. It remains to be seen if they know how to use it. NE could be the team that struggles as they try and find another QB.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Actually I think the NFC east is on the verge of breaking out. The Bills are already good and Miami made huge strides last year. They have a lot of picks so they could become a real force in that division. The Jets stink but they also have a lot of draft picks and cap space. It remains to be seen if they know how to use it. NE could be the team that struggles as they try and find another QB.

NFC East contains the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants though
Can he play quarterback?!?!

-NT

With who I expect to be on the board, he's the most likely pick imo.

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Smith, and Chase will all be gone. I'm not really interested in Lance in the 1st round. Surtain fills a huge hole and does so with a really high quality prospect.
Originally posted by English:
Bit surprised there is no thread yet for this guy. Mel Kiper and PFF both give him to us in the 1st and I must admit, much as I would like a qb and a rebuild of the O line starting with a Center, I wouldn't be too upset.

depending on if dee ford can pull it back together we can take surtain the 12th pick and try really hard to get back in the first rounds lower of course to completely rebuild our secondary with 2 amazing pieces that are huge upgrades over what we have and alot cheaper by taking

Trevon Moehrig after picking surtain ....covwrage would be insane plus lots of picks from bosa and ford putting in quick pressure
we still need to adress oline really badly but who knows man i qlways wondered if we could get anthony davis to play for another year at guard that quitter was pretty good at guard
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
NFC East contains the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants though

My bad. I saw NFC east and didn't realize he was referring to NE. I should have said AFC east. The NFC is no doubt the worst division for now.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
we still need to adress oline really badly but who knows man i qlways wondered if we could get anthony davis to play for another year at guard that quitter was pretty good at guard

Had a legit shot to grab the best offensive lineman in the draft last year and instead went with Kinlaw
Share 49ersWebzone