LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

cb Patrick Surtain

he wont fall to us
I like him. If 4 an go ahead some good players will be there.
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Best CB in the draft... not even close. This is the must pick IMO if he's there. Watch him play the last two years and he's legit. He's only gotten better as the years went on.

Solid player and his pops has been a huge influence in his life as well. Can't go wrong with this pick.

I think Caleb Farley might have something to say about this.
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Best CB in the draft... not even close. This is the must pick IMO if he's there. Watch him play the last two years and he's legit. He's only gotten better as the years went on.

Solid player and his pops has been a huge influence in his life as well. Can't go wrong with this pick.

Did Farley play much press-man at Vtech? I thought they play mostly zone there?
  • Mr711

Not from what I saw. He's more of a FS IMO. He's barely played the position as well and didn't see much of a jump in growth this year between last but then again we're talking about a covid year
  • Mr711
I could be mistaken but Surtain has the most pas breakups over a 3 year span. Pretty solid. Saw this on a McShay report

Not from what I saw. He's more of a FS IMO. He's barely played the position as well and didn't see much of a jump in growth this year between last but then again we're talking about a covid year

Uh, did Farley even play at all?

He opted out this year. That may explain why you didn't see a jump. The year he played if quarterbacks just spiked the ball rather than throw against him they would have a better passer rating.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he wont fall to us

He may. CB Farley is ranked higher IMO. You think two CBs will go in the Top 11?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Why can't we just man up on 1 WR and zone the rest? If this dude is that good but we wont draft him because of the type of defense we play, wouldn't like that.

He's absolutely incredible. The most fundamentally sound CB I've ever seen coming out of college. Which would make sense given his dad. I would be happy to land him. Some of the comments are under estimating CB. He would help this team a lot. But more likely he goes before us if he runs well. He is just too well schooled and fundamentally sound. If he has at least legitimate speed somebody will take him really high.
Originally posted by pd24:
Why can't we just man up on 1 WR and zone the rest? If this dude is that good but we wont draft him because of the type of defense we play, wouldn't like that.

Alabama runs cover 3 mable which looks like it's man but it's a version of cover 3.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Alabama runs cover 3 mable which looks like it's man but it's a version of cover 3.

I think he would be incredible in anything. Look how well schooled and fundamentally sound he is. Based on his dad. Plus he is a stud athlete. I think he can fit a lot of defenses. He can really cover. That's the bottom line. You can always adapt some things to him too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I think he would be incredible in anything. Look how well schooled and fundamentally sound he is. Based on his dad. Plus he is a stud athlete. I think he can fit a lot of defenses. He can really cover. That's the bottom line. You can always adapt some things to him too.

Rumors are that he doesn't have great speed which gets hidden in his scheme with Saban. Players like Farley and Stokes are better atheletes. I'm a big fan of Stokes even though he did struggle this year. But after Desmond King I'll never give up on a CB because of a bad year (unless their name is Shaun Wade)
With Wilson, Stafford, and Murray in our division I think the Niners would have to seriously consider Surtain if he somehow fell to #12.
Share 49ersWebzone