LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 196 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

I think he can be as good or better than Mac Jones. He is big, tall and accurate. Not the greatest athlete in the world. But tall enough to be a good pocket passer. I think he can be a good 2nd round QB. Maybe a little underrated in this QB class.
Showing some very good zip on his passes. I never understood the "Trask has a weak arm" analysis.
ATL fans on twitter begging for Pitts at 4 and then Trask with their 2nd round pick to sit behind Matt Ryan.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
ATL fans on twitter begging for Pitts at 4 and then Trask with their 2nd round pick to sit behind Matt Ryan.

Julio Jones, Ridley and Pitts would be pretty scary.

I think Atlanta's decision comes down to Pitts or Fields/Lance.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

If they want to win now, adding another weapon for Matt Ryan should be a must. A QB like Trask or Mills, who have good traits, can learn and develop behind Ryan for two years.
[ Edited by AsianJeff on Mar 31, 2021 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Thats not the worst idea.
Was pretty impressed with Trask's pro day. Don't think I saw a bad ball throughout his session. Looked lean, too. A team like ATL or NO could get a major steal with him in the 2nd.
Was pretty impressed with Trask's pro day. Don't think I saw a bad ball throughout his session. Looked lean, too. A team like ATL or NO could get a major steal with him in the 2nd.

I wouldn't call it a steal. It's a steal if you view Trask as a first round QB. I think for Atlanta it gives them a viable backup, it relives them of taking a QB at 4, it allows them to get a top-5 talent in the draft that can make their offense scary. And if after two years, Ryan isn't showing much, then you potentially have a guy in Trask ready to take over.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I wouldn't call it a steal. It's a steal if you view Trask as a first round QB. I think for Atlanta it gives them a viable backup, it relives them of taking a QB at 4, it allows them to get a top-5 talent in the draft that can make their offense scary. And if after two years, Ryan isn't showing much, then you potentially have a guy in Trask ready to take over.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If ATL takes Pitts at 4, it keeps a window slightly open for them to make a playoff run. Draft Trask in the 2nd and have him learn.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he can be as good or better than Mac Jones. He is big, tall and accurate. Not the greatest athlete in the world. But tall enough to be a good pocket passer. I think he can be a good 2nd round QB. Maybe a little underrated in this QB class.

I agree with most of that. Jones is considered cerebral and that's probably Trask's limiting factor. Trash has excellent size with a solid build. Strong arm, good accuracy and will let it rip. His mobility isn't an issue. He moves really well for his size.

The late 1st, early 2nd is a good spot for him. He'll benefit from going to a solid team and learning the system behind a vet. His success will be determined by how he adjusts to the mental side of the NFL. Physically, he's got all the tools.
Originally posted by strickac:
I agree with most of that. Jones is considered cerebral and that's probably Trask's limiting factor. Trash has excellent size with a solid build. Strong arm, good accuracy and will let it rip. His mobility isn't an issue. He moves really well for his size.

The late 1st, early 2nd is a good spot for him. He'll benefit from going to a solid team and learning the system behind a vet. His success will be determined by how he adjusts to the mental side of the NFL. Physically, he's got all the tools.

Rumors are that Sean Payton is intrigued by him late in the 1st. Would be a great position for Trask to learn from Payton.
Maybe the Pats take him at 15?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Maybe the Pats take him at 15?

Even though I feel Trask has been severely underrated throughout this draft process, I doubt that he is selected that high, although shocking selections happen year in and year out. If NE did like Trask, I can see them trading down and accumulating more picks.
I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of attention he's gotten. His ball placement and accuracy are pretty good, I can see someone like Sean Payton trying to emulate Brees.

His issues are always trying to float the ball perfectly and too many predetermined throws into coverage where his guys would make the play or it somehow was dropped by the defense. Clean up those unnecessary throws and stop trying to float every ball perfectly and he can be a starter in the league.

I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers in the NFL arent that far off from Mac Jones numbers when its all said and done.
Share 49ersWebzone