LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yet you are the loudest in the thread.
This post is just 100% false.

No i'm most certainly is not, MM talked about it on his podcast a while back.

Lynch talked about how truthful Will was with them regarding deebo and why they felt good with Kin.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-drafting-javon-kinlaw-helped-will-muschamps-deebo-samuel-report

and show me the Bama players they've drafted since Foster?

Saban doesn't b******t anyone, recruits, NFL coaches, nobody. He has no need to. His success speaks for itself. Anyone paying one bit of attention to Foster's career could see the red flags from the time he was like 14. Saban kept him under control just like he did Rolo McLain.
Thise red flags and his medical history is why Fister went when he did. The Niners knew it was a risk, that's on them. But I do know that Nick Saban did not lie to anyone about him.
It's only been a few drafts since Foster was taken.
And no matter what the reason, you won't be drafting South Carolina guys over Bama guys for long.
Bros I'm telling you if we draft Fields he will be a bay icon like curry
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Jared Mayben is on our PS. And we didn't ask Nick Saban about Mac Jones. I'm pretty sure we spoke with him though

We didn't draft Mayben.

that's a pretty weak when we only add like 7ish players a year from the draft though. You know I'm in on the Fields train but thinking we're avoiding Bama player when you know damn well if Ruggs fell to us we would have taken him
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

It probably wouldn't even fit over his stupid Kid n Play haircut!
Really, this is where we are at? I hope you are not white, because white folks being critical of ethnic hair and hair styles is some tired old f'ed up sh*t. And, TBH his hairstyle is totally unremarkable. Kittle's hair style choices are more questionable.

Its just a bit of fun, Kid n Play was 80's so if anything I'm calling it retro, and it might make the hat fit weird.

But I am black if that makes you feel better!

Alright, I'll try to calm down. Won't fit any weirder than Plunkett's helmet.
Saban doesn't b******t anyone, recruits, NFL coaches, nobody. He has no need to. His success speaks for itself. Anyone paying one bit of attention to Foster's career could see the red flags from the time he was like 14. Saban kept him under control just like he did Rolo McLain.
Thise red flags and his medical history is why Fister went when he did. The Niners knew it was a risk, that's on them. But I do know that Nick Saban did not lie to anyone about him.
And no matter what the reason, you won't be drafting South Carolina guys over Bama guys for long.

Lol I'm sure you were listening on the phone when the convos were happening

that's just what someone told Miller, take from it what you want. Lynch on Colin Cowherd said it was refreshing to get intel on a prospect and feel good that's truthful good/bad.
that's a pretty weak when we only add like 7ish players a year from the draft though. You know I'm in on the Fields train but thinking we're avoiding Bama player when you know damn well if Ruggs fell to us we would have taken him

22 guys after Foster, no Bama guys. Only one Bama guy out of how many UDFA's like 40?

I can't remember if it was Miller or PFT, but they said Ruggs meetings with SF were bad apparently. I remember because that's who I wanted

22 guys after Foster, no Bama guys. Only one Bama guy out of how many UDFA's like 40?

I can't remember if it was Miller or PFT, but they said Ruggs meetings with SF were bad apparently. I remember because that's who I wanted

I'm not saying it's not possible but avoiding prospect from the best pro factory in college wouldn't be the best strategy tbh.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yet you are the loudest in the thread.
This post is just 100% false.

No i'm most certainly is not, MM talked about it on his podcast a while back.

Lynch talked about how truthful Will was with them regarding deebo and why they felt good with Kin.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-drafting-javon-kinlaw-helped-will-muschamps-deebo-samuel-report

and show me the Bama players they've drafted since Foster?

With a name like BamaNiner i have ZERO doubt you may be biased here.
I'm not saying it's not possible but avoiding prospect from the best pro factory in college wouldn't be the best strategy tbh.

No I'm not either, Bama is stocked with top talent...I'm just saying I heard Bama gave them some bad intel on Ruben... whether that's true or not, just what I heard.

since then no Bama guys drafted and only one brought in with around 60 new guys.

At this point whatever with Jones vs the others. They'll pick whomever and is what it is.

I don't need to makeup stuff...it a 49er forum what we say has zero impact on what happens.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fan49:
I obviously missed it in the article. But it's amazing to me this is not being blown up. It makes me ask why is it not being blown up? And I'm not talking about Justin fields blowing it up or Ohio State blowing it up. Why is the media not blowing it up

Same reason why it's never been blown up in the past. I've been following the draft for a long time. This is just the second time I've heard about this test. Never heard about it with Mahomes or Allen either.

So you don't think it should be known that Fields might have a photographic memory? Or the possibility that he can learn quicker than everybody else?

I'm just now hearing about this test. Highest score out of 6500,...wow.

Anyone have some BigMac scores of any kind with (supposedly) no Wonderlic this year?

Yeah he's a tweet talking about it

Adam Gase loves this test...just saying.

Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Bros I'm telling you if we draft Fields he will be a bay icon like curry

Preaching to the choir with me

Seems unlikely now but I'm still holding out hope
Originally posted by jcs:

Adam gase loves Frank gore...just saying
Hello, Zone! Been forever.

Had a few minutes to drop in and say hi! Hope all of you are well.

I think the Niners are all-in on Fields. I would be shocked if he is not the selection at 3. Once the Jets seem to lock into Wilson (wouldn't be surprised if Saleh directly related that info to Kyle), the Niners made that move to number 3, and that wouldn't make sense for them to make the selection with Jones. It is such of a massive move for a guy with limited upside. Spectacular moves like this usually point to special talents with gigantic ceilings. My guess is that Kyle has been watching Fields for years waiting for the shot to grab him.

I have been been watching QBs, and this is my ranking:
1. Lawrence- The safest, cleanest prospect. Does NOT have have the highest potential ceiling, but he is good at everything.
2. Fields- There are some things to clean up, but he is a terrific talent with unlimited potential.
3. Wilson- He is spectacular when the pocket is clean. He has special talent. But, he faced so little pressure this year (almost anyone could have posted remarkable numbers with the pass protection we saw at BYU this year) that he is an incomplete prospect to me. The times he faced pressure, he struggled. The guys ranked above him on my board have faced pressure before, and we know what they can do. Wilson is a tremendous talent. I just don't know how he will fare when he has consistent NFL pressure in his face.
4. Lance- Raw as sushi. He needs so much work to do to become an NFL QB. At times, it was painful to watch him. He is so crazy athletic, and moves so well. He is going to run for a million yards. But, his throwing motion needs a ton of work. In fact, it needs a complete overhaul. Accuracy a major issue. I hear he is super intelligent and a hard-worker, but this guy is not going to start a game for 2 years. I'd be shocked if he is the pick at 3. Thinking he might be the pick at 4, where he can be stashed for 2 years under Ryan.
5. Jones- Alabama's play-calling and scheme simply overwhelmed college defenses, and having 6 or more NFL first and second day picks on offense this year made life very easy for him. I just don't see the enormous potential of the first four guys. I think his athleticism is a bit too criticized. He is NOT a statue as some suggest. But, just limited in arm strength, and dynamic play compared to the top four guys limit his ability to be a superstar player in the NFL.
Originally posted by jcs:

Kyle likes sparq and I have a guess which QB would be #1 in that also
Saban is completely full of s**t. He has that whole town on payroll to sweep s**t under the rug where needed. I wouldn't bother asking him either if I were the niners
Share 49ersWebzone