LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Okay, this dude is a serious baller after watching his previous games and now this one. I see what you guys see.

I don't think so, I wouldn't want Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance or especially Zach Wilson as a 9er. Shanahan please do not draft any of these QB's I mentioned, I'm begging you.

sarcasm
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't see any of these guys as the archetypal Kyle Shanahan QB except maybe Trevor Lawrence.

Everyone knows he's going to be infatuated with Mac Jones. It's inevitable.

Nah I think Kyle has expanded his mind on prospects in general.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Okay, this dude is a serious baller after watching his previous games and now this one. I see what you guys see.

I don't think so, I wouldn't want Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance or especially Zach Wilson as a 9er. Shanahan please do not draft any of these QB's I mentioned, I'm begging you.

sarcasm

Shhhh keep it down, trying to not show my love for these damn QB's!!!
Just love his poise and confidence. Would be a great fit with Shanny, but like PHX said, probably the #2 QB.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Just love his poise and confidence. Would be a great fit with Shanny, but like PHX said, probably the #2 QB.

Thing to remember is that he is the likely number two QB but that doesnt for sure mean number two pick. If we end up around 6-7 range he could end up in striking distance for a trade up. On a team built to win that might be a solid move. Our first and Jimmy to a team with a good offensive line and a low cap figure might prove tempting for example. Number one over all is out of the question...but 3,4,5 as beat up as we are, could happen with a modest investment.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't see any of these guys as the archetypal Kyle Shanahan QB except maybe Trevor Lawrence.

Yah I wouldn't be too happy about that either. Dude has probably the best supporting cast in college. I don't see anything special with him, I see CJ Beathard all over again.
If Shanahan drafts Jones with any of the other starting QBs still on the board then we might as well start the search for a new HC. Get a new GM as well if Lynch allows Shanahan to do it.

This, Jones is the consolation prize if you cant get to the top tier from your draft spot.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
From what I've seen, his arm isnt seeing Zac Wilson's, and in general balls kinda float a little bit too much in the air for my liking, but he certainly is more polished than a lot of people think, mechanics-wise. I can see him being a decent fit for this offense and the players that we have.

He might be the best overall fit but I don't see him getting past #2. He'd be #1 in any draft class that doesn't feature Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence.

Cant really say that until we see who is at #2. For example , Bengals, Cowboys and Dolphins (via Texans) are all in contention for that pick and all are very likely to not go QB and/or trade out of that spot for someone who is.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:03 AM ]
After Lawrence and Fields there are about 4 or 5 guys that could end up being very good in the NFK if they get with the right team and coach. I see skills and potential but it needs to be refined unlike Lawrence who looks ready right now.

I agree here. Kyle used to love shifty little slot receivers. After drafting a bunch of them and they all failed, he moved to big yac receivers. Kyle's already got 3 of the same qb types and they've all basically not worked, so he's gonna change up the plan. Josh Johnson is just getting the seat warmed up for what's inevitable. Superbowl 2022 baby

I love your optimism NY.

Lmao let's not act like Kyle dislikes mobile QBs. Being mobile is always a plus. As long as you're a pass first then scramble QB. Not one read and dip out the pocket
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 17, 2020 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Lmao let's not act like Kyle dislikes mobile QBs. Being mobile is always a plus. As long as you're a pass first then scramble QB. Not one read and dip out the pocket

Well, Jimmy is one read and curl into a ball, so...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

What he does at 1:45 is so good. He has his eyes downfield but sees the free rusher using his peripheral. Instead of panicking, he sets the defender up using his eyes before dashing out of the way.

The one thing that I get so concerned about with some of these guys is how they handle pressure or blitzes. Outside of that one play, he has a completely clean pocket and is untouched for the rest of the video.
We have no shot at him, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone