LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Lynn Bowden, OW, Kentucky

Didn't see a thread for this guy. sorry if one exists.

Kyle's type. Nice day 3 pick.
https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2020-Todd-McShay-praises-Lynn-Bowden-Kentucky-football-145469298/
  • krizay
  • Veteran
He and Duvernay are 2 of the guys id like in the 3rd/4th round area
Bowden and Antonio Gipson are intriguing players. we saw KS use Sanders throwing ability, but obviously Bowden can sling it. opens things up on these end arounds where the safeties have to stay back when he is in motion. Picking a WR this far back, hopefully Hurd can step up because I dont think you are relying on Bowden to be a #1, or even a #2, but he is certainly a weapon you can scheme around.

I really like Duvernay, but not as a 3/4th round guy. More like 5th/6th, as he really needs the right scheme. He is really not a WR. Somebody should have converted him to RB a long time ago. Or kept him in track. He looks like a 100m sprinter. Undersized as an outside receiver. Doesnt really have the feel or route running to dominate in the slot. As all world speed, but isn't particularly shifty or agile. Doesn't really have stutter steps or misdirection. But, he is an absolute flyer. The speed is there and he runs hard. Usually fast guys are scared to get hit, he runs through contact. Ran through Grant Delpit. He is like a power running back with the ball in his hands. And is hands are fantastic. Not really highpointing the ball, not really the best catch radius, but when its near him he gets it. Slant monster and total deepthreat, although I could really see him as a third down back, or working in an offense that lines him at back and then motions him outside to see if he draws a safety or linebacker. It has to be a corner or he is gone. If its a corner, teams are always in nickel against his formations, which gives an even bigger power advantage at the line.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Bowden and Antonio Gipson are intriguing players. we saw KS use Sanders throwing ability, but obviously Bowden can sling it. opens things up on these end arounds where the safeties have to stay back when he is in motion. Picking a WR this far back, hopefully Hurd can step up because I dont think you are relying on Bowden to be a #1, or even a #2, but he is certainly a weapon you can scheme around.

I really like Duvernay, but not as a 3/4th round guy. More like 5th/6th, as he really needs the right scheme. He is really not a WR. Somebody should have converted him to RB a long time ago. Or kept him in track. He looks like a 100m sprinter. Undersized as an outside receiver. Doesnt really have the feel or route running to dominate in the slot. As all world speed, but isn't particularly shifty or agile. Doesn't really have stutter steps or misdirection. But, he is an absolute flyer. The speed is there and he runs hard. Usually fast guys are scared to get hit, he runs through contact. Ran through Grant Delpit. He is like a power running back with the ball in his hands. And is hands are fantastic. Not really highpointing the ball, not really the best catch radius, but when its near him he gets it. Slant monster and total deepthreat, although I could really see him as a third down back, or working in an offense that lines him at back and then motions him outside to see if he draws a safety or linebacker. It has to be a corner or he is gone. If its a corner, teams are always in nickel against his formations, which gives an even bigger power advantage at the line.

So then you do see him as a 3rd/4th round guy? You just listed what sjould have been 2 paragraphs worth of reasons why he should be
Originally posted by krizay:
So then you do see him as a 3rd/4th round guy? You just listed what sjould have been 2 paragraphs worth of reasons why he should be

Ha. I dont think teams value him that high because he is not a natural receiver in my opinion. Breakaway speed and running through tackles are better attributes for running backs. I think you need a creative coach or OC for Duvernay. Otherwise he is a slot receiver that lack the routes running, agility, and fluidity to play in the slot. If you want to use him to run go routes as a decoy with an occasional target, than so be it. But I think whoever drafts him will have a more interesting plan.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Ha. I dont think teams value him that high because he is not a natural receiver in my opinion. Breakaway speed and running through tackles are better attributes for running backs. I think you need a creative coach or OC for Duvernay. Otherwise he is a slot receiver that lack the routes running, agility, and fluidity to play in the slot. If you want to use him to run go routes as a decoy with an occasional target, than so be it. But I think whoever drafts him will have a more interesting plan.

He led the country in catches and we have the OC for Duvernay
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 2, 2020 at 5:10 PM ]
Definitely need to trade down and get some picks in the Rd 3-4 area. Perfect guys for KS can play RB + WR
Antonio Gibson in the 3rd
Duvernay in the 4th
Bowden in the 5th
[ Edited by maxsmart on Apr 5, 2020 at 3:19 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Definitely need to trade down and get some picks in the Rd 3-4 area. Perfect guys for KS can play RB + WR
Antonio Gibson in the 3rd
Duvernay in the 4th
Bowden in the 5th

can also add Joe Reed in the 6th/7th
"He estimated that 15 teams met with him while at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. Their vision for him is one similar to what Deebo Samuel played..."

" The wide receiver has been projected to be taken anywhere from the second to fourth rounds."

link
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Apr 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Originally posted by evil:

Weird to trade an early pick rookie this soon.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Its the Raiders...
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Its the Raiders...

😂😂😂 enough said ...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Well they drafted him to play a position he's not built to play.

Kind of like we did with Moore. Give them credit for realizing that it's not going to work and get decent value instead of holding on for a couple years and getting nothing
Share 49ersWebzone