There are 240 users in the forums

CB class 2020

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Greg Cosell loves CJ Henderson. Said he has better zone eyes than Okudah (can't remember where he said it but I'll try to find it). No mention of tackling as a weakness.

So a s**t load of people who are paid to evaluate players love this guy but WR thirsty niner fans think he's a waste of a pick. Not sure who to trust here.

To be clear, I have no dog in this race. Will be happy with whoever we draft. The echo chamber in here just cracks me up this time of year.

Well im a guy who wants to draft a CB after a trade down. Just prefer a different one as i think the otber one fits better than CJ. plus CJ wouldn't be there after a trade down anyway so it would be moot from my perspective.

Sounds like there's a good chance he doesn't make it to us. I am not advocating for him or anything like that. Just think it's funny how this forum seems to hate him but professionals think he's a stud.
Sounds like there's a good chance he doesn't make it to us. I am not advocating for him or anything like that. Just think it's funny how this forum seems to hate him but professionals think he's a stud.

because he reminds us of Akhello. I will just be honest with you. Especially with the aversion to tackling.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

To a man we've all said he's one hell of a man cover guy. We just don't like him for us
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

because he reminds us of Akhello. I will just be honest with you. Especially with the aversion to tackling.

Seems like a shallow reason to write off a guy who will likely go top 10.

Witherspoon's tackling was never an issue to me. Getting embarassed in coverage was.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:

Witherspoon's tackling was never an issue to me. Getting embarassed in coverage was.

Witherspoon lets his emotions get the best of him and he lacks confidence, which when he gets beat once or twice will lead to penalties and teams will just go after him and after him. Unless he has some revelation this year with his attitude on the field he will be lucky to make the 53 man roster.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Dantzler had himself a day. 47 coverage snaps, 7 targets and only 1 catch allowed for 7 yards. And forced 2 turnovers.

Mid-late round steal.

Shaun Jolly, 5'9-185 lbs, App State
Pros:
*Sticky in man coverage
*Great ball skills (5 ints, 8 pds last season)
*Great instincts

Cons:
*Height
*Competition level

If Jolly was 6' and up, he'll be talked about as one of the best CBs in the nation. Jason Verrett and K'Waun Williams are also playmakers at 5'9 and are both FAs after this season. We can't resign everyone with so little cap space, especially with T.Williams and Warner's new deals. The Niners don't play the Seattle style defense anymore that requires 6'2 and up CBs.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 14, 2020 at 7:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone