LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 145 users in the forums

49ers Pre-Draft Visit Tracker 2020

Originally posted by ltrain:
Did we not talk with Jeudy?

Nope.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Added Davis yesterday, added Bernard and Minter this morning! Think we will hear more and more as we get closer!

Thank you for keeping this updated!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Man this guy has been so hyped up for yrs and just never did anything

Built like a Greek god plays like Solomon Thomas lol. Outside of height/weight/length his combine measurements were horrible.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/raekwon-davis

He's not explosive and has no agility. I'm not taking him before the 5th.

Anyone comping him to Buck need to calm down lol not even close to the same as a pass rusher
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 18, 2020 at 6:13 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man this guy has been so hyped up for yrs and just never did anything

Built like a Greek god plays like Solomon Thomas lol. Outside of height/weight/length his combine measurements were horrible.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/raekwon-davis

He's not explosive and has no agility. I'm not taking him before the 5th.

Anyone comping him to Buck need to calm down lol not even close to the same as a pass rusher

Davis is likely a 2 down starter as a run stuffer. He seems to get alot of hate on these boards, but he is pretty good at shooting gaps and using his length and wingspan to disrupt run lanes. I think he is a better fit in a 3-4, so I dont have a ton of interest in him for the 49ers, but hes worth of a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.
Tried DE Ron'Dell Carter...so, interest.
So going off who we have spoken/visited with it's pretty easy to see what position group we are targeting early.

#1 WR
#2 DT
#3 OL
#4 S
#5 DE
#6 TE
#7 RB
#8 LB
#9 CB
#10 QB

Doesn't look like we are drafting a CB
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So going off who we have spoken/visited with it's pretty easy to see what position group we are targeting early.

#1 WR
#2 DT
#3 OL
#4 S
#5 DE
#6 TE
#7 RB
#8 LB
#9 CB
#10 QB

It seems like safety is a bigger priority, which tells me Tartt likely won't be Re-signed. I still think they draft a CB, but maybe just after round 5
Originally posted by saniner:
It seems like safety is a bigger priority, which tells me Tartt likely won't be Re-signed. I still think they draft a CB, but maybe just after round 5

Most of the S they met with aren't top end talents though. Davis/Dugger are the highest graded guys. The rest are day 3 dudes
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by saniner:

Most of the S they met with aren't top end talents though. Davis/Dugger are the highest graded guys. The rest are day 3 dudes

That's true, but that really is the case with any position they've looked at (WR being the only exception since they've met with a lot of top prospects). It's hard to predict, but my guess is that they prioritize safety over CB this year. Tartt is constantly hurt and they can't keep playing Harris/Exum 4-7 games a year.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

#1 WR
#2 DT
#3 OL
#4 S
#5 DE
#6 TE
#7 RB
#8 LB
#9 CB
#10 QB

Are you going by the quality of those players? Volume?

Anybody know much about him?
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

He went to Temple...and plays LB
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

I expect him to be more of a career special teamer than anything. Smaller and reasonably athletic, there was some hype on him a year ago but he's mostly an intangibles kind of guy. Outstanding character, good locker room guy, was a team captain as well.

This might be the best overall breakdown of him that I've seen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/draft-prospect-preview-lb-shaun-bradley-temple
Share 49ersWebzone