LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

How to stack Draft Picks for 2020?

Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Two words - TRADE DOWN!

it takes two to dance the tango...who are potential trade partners?
and if anybody knows you want to trade down, its not the best negotiation spot to be in.
so having another first or second before the draft would help to not let us look as desperate...

There are 3-4 teams with multiple 2nd - 4th round picks. Jacksonville, Denver, Tampa Bay and Miami. None of those teams are in our division and they all have serious holes to fill at either QB, WR or OL. There is NO reason for them NOT to deal with the Niners if they want a 5th year option on a player in this draft.
A good scenario IMO would be if Jordan Love fell to 49ers pick at 31. Colts, Chargers, Lions, and Panthers could all use QB. And could move up for Love. Chargers prolly go Herbert, so they may not need QB.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I would look at the Jets as a trade down partner. Game maybe under pressure to win, we get their 2nd and later 3rd round pick. A win win, considering we need picks and they need perhaps more impact players
it takes two to dance the tango...who are potential trade partners?
and if anybody knows you want to trade down, its not the best negotiation spot to be in.
so having another first or second before the draft would help to not let us look as desperate...

SF is sitting at a great spot in regards to trade downs. That 5th yr option is a big deal.

One team I can see making a move is the Bucs. I've seen a ton of Jacob Eason to the Bucs BUT they're not gonna take him in the top 15. They can get their QB for 5 yrs, which is a big deal.

I'll take 45 and 76 for 31 and 210
Originally posted by NYniner85:
SF is sitting at a great spot in regards to trade downs. That 5th yr option is a big deal.

One team I can see making a move is the Bucs. I've seen a ton of Jacob Eason to the Bucs BUT they're not gonna take him in the top 15. They can get their QB for 5 yrs, which is a big deal.

I'll take 45 and 76 for 31 and 210

Just straight forward 45 and 76. Or NYJ 48 and 68.
sure, a little overpay if you take one of the draft value charts, but the important 5th year option and the run for QB early 2nd round should help our position.
Two words - TRADE DOWN!

Agree

Unless there is someone who lands in our lap that's too good not to take.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Two words - TRADE DOWN!

Agree

Where we're picking we should be able to take one of the better OG.
I'd be looking to trade down with our first.

I also think we could get something for Goodwin. With KC winning some teams will think that speed is the way to go.

Aside from that it wouldn't surprise me if we looked at future picks as valuable. It seems we're going to do what we can to keep all our key FA for one more year and extend key guys early.

At some point the cap will bite and having a few more picks in 2021-2022 Would help us move up and down the draft board to get who we want to fill gaps when players depart.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Two words - TRADE DOWN!

Agree

If we trade down this will probably still be true. Wouldn't be a surprised if no guard went in the first
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Feb 7, 2020 at 5:24 PM ]
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
There are 3-4 teams with multiple 2nd - 4th round picks. Jacksonville, Denver, Tampa Bay and Miami. None of those teams are in our division and they all have serious holes to fill at either QB, WR or OL. There is NO reason for them NOT to deal with the Niners if they want a 5th year option on a player in this draft.

I'd imagine there will certainly be a trade partner for our pick. Especially if there is a fringe first round QB there - teams love the option of 5th year option on a QB. Also think the same is probably true of a talented RB. 5 years on a cheap rookie deal then replace seems like the future.

Tbh I'd be looking at a trade along these lines:
Our 1st 20 plus our 3rd 21
Their first 21 plus their 2nd 20.

Just gives us a chance to move for a QB in 2021 if it is required. I'm not a Jimmy G hater or believer at this point to be clear but we'll really know where we stand with him at the end if next season.

What if we franchise armstead then move him and trade UP in the first round then draft the best pass rusher in the draft again
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Two words - TRADE DOWN!

Agree

If we trade down this will probably still be true. Wouldn't be a surprised if no guard went in the first

Yeah, we'd have the pick of the top OG at #31. But, it sounds like Shanny's philosophy is that he doesn't take interior linemen early in the draft.
Just straight forward 45 and 76. Or NYJ 48 and 68.
sure, a little overpay if you take one of the draft value charts, but the important 5th year option and the run for QB early 2nd round should help our position.

Why the NYJ looking at a QB? I got no problem throwing in a 6th rd pick.

There aren't really great IOL in this draft imo. There's some scheme fit guys (and some good value prospects) but imo you'd be passing on top end talent at other positions and straight up reaching if you go guard at the bottom of the 1st.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
What if we franchise armstead then move him and trade UP in the first round then draft the best pass rusher in the draft again

So move up to 2 lol? You're throwing away a yrs of draft capital (top end capital) to even think about doing such a thing. Not realistic
Share 49ersWebzone