LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jamarr Chase WR LSU

Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
13th pick is best case scenario (as if losing to Seattle is ever considered a positive but i digress).
I don't see Chase dropping past 10th, honestly. With Miami and Philly sitting in the top 10, he'll be long gone by then.
Long road to the draft and alot will depend on free agency. At this point we're set to lose virtually every CB. Would ShanaLynch give Verrett more than another one year show me deal? I Do E-man, Williams or Spoon deserve a multi year deal? 🤷‍♂️ Gonna be fun to watch it unfold........
My pick in that 13-17 range, Patrick Sur"tan" Jr.

Kinda opposite, I can't see Surtain falling to 13 at all. If anything I feel like Chase might fall similarly to Lamb this year due to the depth of the WR class again. Surtain is 3 year starter at Alabama, compared to Chase who has one year of elite production playing on an absolutely loaded team with 2 other first-round WRs and the Heisman winner throwing him the ball. Not taking anything away from Chase but that's definitely something to ponder. Depending on where Dallas, Denver, and the Chargers end up I can't see Surtain falling past any of them.
Originally posted by BSNAPZZ:
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
13th pick is best case scenario (as if losing to Seattle is ever considered a positive but i digress).
I don't see Chase dropping past 10th, honestly. With Miami and Philly sitting in the top 10, he'll be long gone by then.
Long road to the draft and alot will depend on free agency. At this point we're set to lose virtually every CB. Would ShanaLynch give Verrett more than another one year show me deal? I Do E-man, Williams or Spoon deserve a multi year deal? 🤷‍♂️ Gonna be fun to watch it unfold........
My pick in that 13-17 range, Patrick Sur"tan" Jr.

Kinda opposite, I can't see Surtain falling to 13 at all. If anything I feel like Chase might fall similarly to Lamb this year due to the depth of the WR class again. Surtain is 3 year starter at Alabama, compared to Chase who has one year of elite production playing on an absolutely loaded team with 2 other first-round WRs and the Heisman winner throwing him the ball. Not taking anything away from Chase but that's definitely something to ponder. Depending on where Dallas, Denver, and the Chargers end up I can't see Surtain falling past any of them.

After seeing what Justin Jefferson did his rookie year a team is going to take him really early, LSU has been a wr factory
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF he's there at 16, then he MINE !!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

If we invest another top pick on a receiver as a running team I will kick the air and say gosh darnit that's dumb
If JaMarr Chase available at 12, I say draft him. Bourne a free agent, not much depth at position, and he can easily fill in for Aiyuk or Deebo when injured.
I think they will roll with JG, see what they can do with Rosen...
CB, OL, Edge Rush also needs but a talent like Chase will be hard to pass up on.
What does the WR rankings look like, I haven't paid attention to college football this season, isn't the kid from Alabama also a 1st Rounder? I forget his name.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He makes sense for the Eagles and even Miami, but knowing Flores he'll build the LOS.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 9moon:

If we invest another top pick on a receiver as a running team I will kick the air and say gosh darnit that's dumb

This and Chase is a stud....when you have Joe Blow throwing the ball, who cares about the playmaker position.
Welcome to the Eagles.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
What does the WR rankings look like, I haven't paid attention to college football this season, isn't the kid from Alabama also a 1st Rounder? I forget his name.

This kid (Jamar Chase), devonta smith (bama), and jaylen Waddle (bama) are the consensus top 3

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

This kid (Jamar Chase), devonta smith (bama), and jaylen Waddle (bama) are the consensus top 3

Yup...overall this WR draft class is just as stacked as last yrs. QB/WR are IMO the position groups with the most top end talent. OL/DB a lot of depth. EDGE okay depth, no true elite guys (like Paye as the top dog right now though).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Yup...overall this WR draft class is just as stacked as last yrs. QB/WR are IMO the position groups with the most top end talent. OL/DB a lot of depth. EDGE okay depth, no true elite guys (like Paye as the top dog right now though).

Great time to come away with WR3. Just don't do it too early.

Many think Kyle prefers to be the team from the playoff run last year, but I think if we had a healthy Samuel and Aiyuk all year along with the 2018 version of Dante Pettis, we would've saw a lot more passing. What we do is dependent on the available talent, not some philosophy Kyle is locked into.
Been reading several reports that the 9ers are reaching out, speaking with, scouting WRs in this years draft... If Chase falls to 12 is he the surprise pick?
With WR depth a big question, if he is BPA at 12, I say go for it...
Originally posted by shawk_ra:
Been reading several reports that the 9ers are reaching out, speaking with, scouting WRs in this years draft... If Chase falls to 12 is he the surprise pick?
With WR depth a big question, if he is BPA at 12, I say go for it...

Zero chance he falls to 12. Ceiling is Miami at 3 and floor is Philly at 6
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I haven't graded a WR as high as Chase since MEGATRON !!!
Share 49ersWebzone