LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

No trade ?

Just going through mocks, and my question is who would you not trade down for ? If he fell ?

Me, personally, realistically.

Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Xavier McKinney S Bama

You ?
Seeing how the uncertainty about Dee Ford is kind of debilitating to our D, I'm now thinking no trade, best edge rusher to fall. Gross-Matos would be great.
IMO unless it's a massive drop for a guy, I'm moving down at all costs. This draft is super deep.
Unless a guy falls into their lap, trade down and accumulate more picks.
Good question. It's definitely a question of value. Is there someone you get in the late first that's more than valuable than two or three picks in the 2nd-4th? The number of EDGE prospects is not very deep this year, but the WR and S classes are stacked. I'm of the mind this team will be best served to have more choices rather then less.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
IMO unless it's a massive drop for a guy, I'm moving down at all costs. This draft is super deep.

I wouldn't know. I want another edge, and the draft isn't often that deep for them. But I guess the decider, for me, is the value. If the draft is that deep we will have to be rather lucky to get offered all that much of a deal. So, not "at all costs".
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I wouldn't know. I want another edge, and the draft isn't often that deep for them. But I guess the decider, for me, is the value. If the draft is that deep we will have to be rather lucky to get offered all that much of a deal. So, not "at all costs".

If we can pull off a steal for a DE later like NE did for Winovich that would be awesome. I dont know much about this class but based on our team needs I would trade back at all costs unless a Dalton Reisner or Eric McCoy fell into our laps at 32. I think they were both drafted in the 40's last year but I'd have no problem making that our only pick in the first two days if it means a stalwart on the interior line for years to come. We need to give JG as much time in the pocket as we can to let Sanders & Bourne (resigned) Deebo and Hurd flourish.
Is Dee Ford's knee fixable with an off season and good rehab ?? Or is there permanent damage and career threatening type issues??
Unless Javon Kinlaw or K'lavon Chaisson fall, I'm looking to trade back, assuming we get fair value
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 12, 2020 at 3:32 PM ]
DB
Trevon Diggs, Xavier McKinney

Great tacklers that play the ball well and have versatility to contribute immediately on the team as well as upgrade the position group

RB

Etienne

Offers the most versatility and skill of any other back and will fill a need on our roster without having to resign at least 1 of our upcoming free agent rb's. Speed Shanahan likes, cut back ability for zone runs, exceptional receiver out of backfield and elite vision when setting up blocks and getting to second level, I almost see a young Leveon Bell

Etienne is nothing like Leveon Bell
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Just going through mocks, and my question is who would you not trade down for ? If he fell ?

Me, personally, realistically.

Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Xavier McKinney S Bama

You ?

If just one of these 3 are there I would take him, if all 3 are available I'm asking the Bengals or Redskins if they want to move up to secure a 5th year option on a player and see if they'll give up a 3rd or 4th.
If any of them fell I'd take them. Every year I like the same prospects as you it seems jersey!
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Etienne is nothing like Leveon Bell

He is shorter. Great receiver out of backfield. In space, really has great agility and ability to make you miss, sets up blocks well, a very sudden athlete that also get behind pads and runs through contact and tackles well.

I think one of the more versatile and talented backs I've seen. I don't think Leveone was as talented when he came out, but in the league I think he developed into one our leagues best dual threats. I think Ettiene is closer to that now.

Do you have a reason that he is NOTHING like him?
Originally posted by leonbanton:
DB
Trevon Diggs, Xavier McKinney

Great tacklers that play the ball well and have versatility to contribute immediately on the team as well as upgrade the position group

RB

Etienne

Offers the most versatility and skill of any other back and will fill a need on our roster without having to resign at least 1 of our upcoming free agent rb's. Speed Shanahan likes, cut back ability for zone runs, exceptional receiver out of backfield and elite vision when setting up blocks and getting to second level, I almost see a young Leveon Bell

Fairly sure Etienne will be long gone by the time we pick.
Share 49ersWebzone