LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Draft 2020

I doubt they draft a RB with the first pick. They'll probably go safety or cornerback if I had to guess unless they trade down for more picks then anything is possible.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not using a draft pick on a RB when Kyle is finding dudes off the scrapheap and making them look like Terrell Davis.

We still have Jet Mckinnon as well, shouldn't his knee be good by now?
Anybody in this draft we could grab that could replace Goodwin in terms of elite speed and a deep threat to help take the top off the defense (assuming Goodwin is cut for cap space) I know we are short on picks this year (hopefully we can trade out of 32 and pick up a few more picks.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Not using a draft pick on a RB when Kyle is finding dudes off the scrapheap and making them look like Terrell Davis.

As much as I liked the signing originally I am now doubting he will ever play again.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not really breaking news or anything...

Per matt Miller

San Francisco 49ers — Free agency will severely shape the 49ers' draft plans with defensive end Arik Armstead and safety Jimmie Ward both hitting the market this offseason. Safety is an obvious need early, but so is interior offensive line. Sources on the staff believe a trade back is very likely given the team only owns six total selections and none in Rounds 2-4.

No offense to ward or armstead, but our defense won't miss a beat if they walked

and I disagree with that.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

He will NOT be on this team at his current contract.
This draft will see how the 49ers brass makes something out of nothing. After a first round pick the next one is in the 5th.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This draft will see how the 49ers brass makes something out of nothing. After a first round pick the next one is in the 5th.

If the Seahawks can take 4 picks to start and end up with 11 selections like they did last year, the Niners can do it, too.
The 49ers' Draft hinges almost entirely on a handful of key personnel decisions this offseason. Magic 8-ball says:

# 1) Extend Kittle. He deserves to be the richest TE in football, and his contract will look like a bargain in a few years. Extend Williams and Mostert as well.
# 2) Cut McKinnon. Don't throw good money after bad money. Goodwin too. Those moves alone free up over $8M next year ($13.5M minus dead money).
# 3) Cut Coleman. He's a good back, but Shanahan does not need to pay a rotational guy $5M per year when he's getting 5+ yards/carry out of UDFAs. Coleman's deal can (and should) be voided this offseason with no cap hit. Bring him back on a team-friendly multiyear deal if he's interested.
# 4) If Lynch slaps a second-round tender on Brieda and Borne, I don't think another team will bite on either. Good value retaining both.
# 5) I'd love to keep Sanders in the building on a team-friendly multiyear deal assuming he wants to stay in SF and chase another ring or two before he hangs them up. If he wants to chase $10M/year instead, let him walk.
# 6) Dee Ford vs. AA. Can't afford to keep them both. Ford's contract is front-loaded and incentive rich, meaning the $87M sticker price was largely an illusion. He has struggled to stay healthy, and the niners would only accrue $6.4M in dead cap if they cut him. Problem is, it's clear how much his presence is needed outside to force favorable matchups for Bosa, Buckner and the others. AA, meanwhile, is about to get PAID. He's only 26. He's outstanding vs run and pass. Someone will pay this dude like he's Aaron Donald. So my guess is we keep the team-friendly Dee Ford deal in the hope he's healthier next season.
# 7) Resign Ward and extend Tartt, neither of whom should break the bank.

Draft Day needs would then look something like:

1) Offensive line: Is our future LT on the roster? Is Richburg's injury history concerning? Is Person's neck problem chronic? Do Bruskill, Skule, or Garland project as future starters? Shon Coleman?
2) Safety: Harris is a thumper, but he's a clear a liability in coverage. Ward and Tartt have concerning injury histories. What should we expect from Moore?
3) TE: I appreciate Dwelley's versatility, and I think that earns him a spot on the 53 next year, but imagine the mismatches Shanahan could exploit with a stud TE opposite Kittle.
4) LB: Greenlaw was a gem. We could use a couple more unless you're comfortable potentially starting Al-Shaair or Nzeocha.
5) RB: If McKinnon and Coleman both leave, we will need another horse in the stable.
6) WR: Will Sanders be back? What should we expect from Hurd and Taylor coming off IR?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

If the Seahawks can take 4 picks to start and end up with 11 selections like they did last year, the Niners can do it, too.

Yeah, there's always a team looking to jump back into the end of the first round.

I expect we won't pick at all in the first unless there's tremendous value there at a position of need.

I think it's pretty clear that CB is a big need in this draft. I hope we can get CJ Henderson from Florida.
RBs staying in college any longer then they have to is a dumb thing if your goal is to be a NFL player and get to that big contract

RBs staying in college any longer then they have to is a dumb thing if your goal is to be a NFL player and get to that big contract

Etienne is really staying? That is one of the most flabbergasting decisions I've ever seen among underclassmen in a long, long time.
Official list of declared underclassmen: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083651/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2020-nfl-draft
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Etienne is really staying? That is one of the most flabbergasting decisions I've ever seen among underclassmen in a long, long time.

Why? Beautiful Campus, kid is having great time at school getting a degree, living in one of the nations top football facilities (seriously it's the biggest selling point to recruits. you live on campus but in a gated area. your living dorms are insane, full on cafeteria, on & on). He wants to win another national Championship. They're going to be stacked next year, and I would not be surprised to see them back in the title game. They are loaded.
Share 49ersWebzone