LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Antonio Gibson-WR/RB/KR/STUD-Memphis

• All22
  • Veteran
A power back that can also line up at WR is our running game's biggest weakness.
  • Kyzen
What round?
[ Edited by Kyzen on Feb 3, 2020 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Kyzen:
What round?

3rd round estimated, plus or minus one round for margin of error/reaching/slipping. I would love to snag him if we could.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
What round?

3rd round estimated, plus or minus one round for margin of error/reaching/slipping. I would love to snag him if we could.

Nice, I think I'm still a fan of trading down this year.

Unless someone drops majorly...tradedown, tradedown, add another three or four picks.
Ahem...

Different player than Deebo, far more of a RB but the versatility is very intriguing. If Shanahan was all in on McKinnon, Gibson will be on his radar, especially since Memphis runs a crapton of outside zone so you don't really have to guess about his fit in the offense as a RB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Unless someone drops majorly...tradedown, tradedown, add another three or four picks.

Agreed. If it were up to me, I'd attempt to trade down twice. Once out of the first for a higher 2nd if possible, and then trade back again in the 2nd. When it's all said and done, we could potentially wind up with: 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 if we did it that way. And in a class this deep at some of our specific positions of need, I think that would be ideal for us.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. If it were up to me, I'd attempt to trade down twice. Once out of the first for a higher 2nd if possible, and then trade back again in the 2nd. When it's all said and done, we could potentially wind up with: 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 if we did it that way. And in a class this deep at some of our specific positions of need, I think that would be ideal for us.

Yep. Even getting one 3rd and two 4ths would be a huge boost. After Round 1, a lot of the more intriguing prospects Ive seen project out as Round 3 to 4 guys anyways.
love the speed. How is as a route-runner though?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

For a RB? Really good. For a higher end WR? He's got a lot of work to do but he's good enough running the football that the receiving portion is just a bonus that he could definitely be coached up on.

Where Deebo is more of a WR that can also run the football, Gibson is more of a RB that can also play WR.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For a RB? Really good. For a higher end WR? He's got a lot of work to do but he's good enough running the football that the receiving portion is just a bonus that he could definitely be coached up on.

Where Deebo is more of a WR that can also run the football, Gibson is more of a RB that can also play WR.

so similar to McKinnon?
so similar to McKinnon?

Far more developed as a route runner but yeah he'd pretty much be what Shanahan was hoping for from McKinnon, just quite a bit bigger at 6'0" and 223. You could credibly have him in the backfield and then line him out wide.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Want.
Yes please
Share 49ersWebzone