LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

"Hog Molly" OL prospects 2020

Starting a thread for OL prospects...this is for the select WZers that think we have one of the worst OLs in football jk

Some guys that come to mind real quick that kind of fit the mold of this system IMHO AND have a shot at being there end of the 1st.

Alex Leatherwood OT Bama: Very athletic, great in space. Could start out at OG then become a future OT for yrs.

Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn: Physically gifted but super raw. Could develop into one of the best OTs in the draft but is a work in progress.

Creed Humphrey IOL/C Oklahoma: Good technician, great movement, former wrestler. Ideal for OZ doesn't have ideal length.

Tyler Biadasz C/IOL Wisconsin: straight up nasty. Top IOL prospect in this class IMO. Honestly not much to hate about him outside of not having ideal length.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2019 at 1:02 PM ]
We've been needing a nasty, mean guy since Gogan, Newberry, Stone, Allen and John Ayers!!
Netane Muti.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Netane Muti.

I was gonna add him...how is his health though?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Starting a thread for OL prospects...this is for the select WZers that think we have one of the worst OLs in football jk

Some guys that come to mind real quick that kind of fit the mold of this system IMHO AND have a shot at being there end of the 1st.

Alex Leatherwood OT Bama: Very athletic, great in space. Could start out at OG then become a future OT for yrs.

Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn: Physically gifted but super raw. Could develop into one of the best OTs in the draft but is a work in progress.

Creed Humphrey IOL/C Oklahoma: Good technician, great movement, former wrestler. Ideal for OZ doesn't have ideal length.

Tyler Biadasz C/IOL Wisconsin: straight up nasty. Top IOL prospect in this class IMO. Honestly not much to hate about him outside of not having ideal length.

This thread turns me on more than my GF in my favorite underwear
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This thread turns me on more than my GF in my favorite underwear

Leatherwood would be great. I'm all aboard the OL R1 train. Future protection against Staley and depth for now.

Would love a rookie who can beat out Person in year 1, and eventually replace Staley. That would make Person a great backup at C/OG, and then keep Brunskill as OG/OT.
Hakeem Adeniji, OG, Kansas. He is 6'4'' 300 pounds, very mobile and athletic. Multiple sites list him as one of the best zone blocking interior lineman in the draft. I am a little partial because I did include this guy in a mock draft I recently completed in the mock draft threads.
Originally posted by YayArea:
Hakeem Adeniji, OG, Kansas. He is 6'4'' 300 pounds, very mobile and athletic. Multiple sites list him as one of the best zone blocking interior lineman in the draft. I am a little partial because I did include this guy in a mock draft I recently completed in the mock draft threads.

nice! this is the type of prospect I expect them to go after...scheme specific and not gonna cost a top 50 pick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/hakeem-adeniji

Pros - Has started every game for Kansas since 2016, primarily at left tackle. Has good overall mobility and length. Effective worker in space where he illustrates good control, timing and consistency to connect with moving targets. Success in the run game comes as a positional blocker, taking advantage of angles and leverage points in zone concepts. Generally executes with a sound understanding of his responsibility and its relationship with the play design - smart football player. Overall he plays with good posture and bend, usually under control. Likable foot speed in pass protection and he has enough spring to generally keep pace while reaching his set points. Has outstanding moments with the timing and placement of his punches. He isn't a mauler but there are plenty of moments on tape where he exploits and angle/leverage points and takes opponents for a ride.

Cons - Would benefit greatly by getting stronger to improve his functional strength. Hands lack pop and his anchor can be challenged although there are plenty of instances where he showcases the ability to re-leverage his hips and recover. Is guilty of an upward thrust with his punches that can elongate his strikes, leaving his frame to be exposed for easy execution of pass rush moves to work to his edges. Likely a scheme-specific prospects that is only a fit for zone blocking run schemes.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Fine post!

Tyler would be a superb addition.

We can only hope.
Biadasz would be fantastic if he fell, but Creed Humphrey wouldn't be a bad consolation
Originally posted by saniner:
Biadasz would be fantastic if he fell, but Creed Humphrey wouldn't be a bad consolation

I think Badass is projected end of the first round. He'd be perfect!!!
Originally posted by saniner:

This
I think biadasz is the best IOL in the draft, and his talent likely transcends scheme, but he has definite athletic limitations, and is better suited for a gap/power based scheme.

Share 49ersWebzone