LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Michael Pittman Jr. WR USC

PFF risers

You don't often see a 6-foot-4, 223-pound receiver run routes as well as Michael Pittman. And the same athletic ability that aids his route-running showed up on the field in Indy on Thursday night, as he posted the fourth-best three-cone and second-best 20-yard shuttle.

Entering the week, Pittman was among the 40 best prospects on PFF's big board, primarily because of his reliable hands and insane catch radius. Over the course of his career, Pittman dropped just five of his 176 catchable targets and showed the ability to bring in some off-target passes that others just couldn't. We knew that he had solid straight-line speed, and we figured he'd test well this week, but he still managed to exceed our expectations.
I'm all in for Pittman with a trade down, size and speed to be on the outside and has the catch radius to help Jimmy with down the field passes!
Originally posted by irishluder:
I'm all in for Pittman with a trade down, size and speed to be on the outside and has the catch radius to help Jimmy with down the field passes!

Yeah I've been a fan all yr. He's a pretty complete WR imo. Not a true burner, but I'll take good WRs all day.
I'm torn on Pittman. I see the measurables, and I hear the comparisons to Allen Robinson, but I'm not sure I see that when I watch him. Perhaps I need to watch more.

I do agree with the assessment that he's not going to be a crossing route burner, and his lack of quick-twitch explosiveness will mean he'll have to more often than not win with physicality. Of course, it's good he's so good in that regard. Alright... time to dig into more footage...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm torn on Pittman. I see the measurables, and I hear the comparisons to Allen Robinson, but I'm not sure I see that when I watch him. Perhaps I need to watch more.

I do agree with the assessment that he's not going to be a crossing route burner, and his lack of quick-twitch explosiveness will mean he'll have to more often than not win with physicality. Of course, it's good he's so good in that regard. Alright... time to dig into more footage...

I mean what you're saying he doesn't do well, that's basically the same stuff Arob isn't good at either. Neither are super twitchy guys and they're not gonna run by everyone. They're just good WRs end of the day
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 2, 2020 at 2:19 PM ]
PFF compares him to alshon Jeffery...who's not taking that in the 3rd?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Gotta get a 3rd rounder first
Originally posted by genus49:

Gotta get a 3rd rounder first

Oh it's gonna happen lol.
PFF risers

You don't often see a 6-foot-4, 223-pound receiver run routes as well as Michael Pittman. And the same athletic ability that aids his route-running showed up on the field in Indy on Thursday night, as he posted the fourth-best three-cone and second-best 20-yard shuttle.

Entering the week, Pittman was among the 40 best prospects on PFF's big board, primarily because of his reliable hands and insane catch radius. Over the course of his career, Pittman dropped just five of his 176 catchable targets and showed the ability to bring in some off-target passes that others just couldn't. We knew that he had solid straight-line speed, and we figured he'd test well this week, but he still managed to exceed our expectations.

Sold. Been a fan for awhile. Looks like they will have some studs to chose from this year. Seems to be 5-6 WRS I'd be ecstatic about.

Question is who do you stay at 31 for, and who do you hope to grab with a trade back?
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 5, 2020 at 7:07 PM ]

I think he's gonna be another Juju and not just because he went to USC
FWIW I'm pretty sure lynch played with his dad in Tampa....

oh hes michael pittman's kid? the rb with the huge ass biceps?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

The Michael Pittman Jr didn't give it away lol?
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

The Michael Pittman Jr didn't give it away lol?

yah i kinda knew
Share 49ersWebzone