LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Michael Pittman Jr. WR USC

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Fire Clay Helton!!!

lol oh he's gone....thoughts on Pittman Jr?

more sympathies than thoughts.

Solid receiver... I have concerns about his speed in the NFL. He can do everything else... but his speed is a bit suspect. He's the third fastest receiver on the field majority of the time.

**EDIT

Oh and, FIRE CLAY HELTON!!!!
[ Edited by Geeked on Nov 14, 2019 at 10:17 AM ]
Fire Clay Helton!!!

lol oh he's gone....thoughts on Pittman Jr?

more sympathies than thoughts.

Solid receiver... I have concerns about his speed in the NFL. He can do everything else... but his speed is a bit suspect. He's the third fastest receiver on the field majority of the time.

**EDIT

Oh and, FIRE CLAY HELTON!!!!

Yeah speed is what drops him. I know how much Kyle values speed BUT after the s**t storm of drops he's been dealing with, someone like Pittman could be very useful. He's a guy that's hard to tackle and doesn't drop much of anything. Seems like a football players too me. Kinda similar to Sanu.

Gonna keep an eye on him throughout the whole draft process.
I'm seeing comps for Pittman to Allen Robinson...I can see that
I'm seeing comps for Pittman to Allen Robinson...I can see that

That's actually a pretty good comparison
If we could trade back and end up with Michael Pittman or Quartney Davis I'd be hyped
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rdawg10:
If we could trade back and end up with Michael Pittman or Quartney Davis I'd be hyped

I think the 49ers will have at least three cracks at drafting him without doing anything to get additional picks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
10 games, 938 yards and 10 TD's. I would f**king love him!!!!!

Guaranteed to be in the Senior Bowl. Would love it if he wasn't!!!

49ers don't have a 2nd round so if he's there please trade up 32 or just draft him!!!!

I feel like he will end up as a mid 2nd round guy. If we can move down an come away with a 3rd and 5th and get him I'm all over it.

All over it like a tight t-shirt at Hooters...lol
Here's how Pittman measured at the combine:
  • Height: 6-4
  • Weight: 223
  • Hands: 9 2/8
  • Arms: 32 2/8
  • Wingspan: 79 2/8

I cant wait to see how he runs. Hope its good but not too good. He's my pick after we trade down into the mid 2nd round. Everyone has been posting great draft post on a number of Wr's. There's are a lot to like. I was looking at Mims and Collin Johnson at first especially after some of the senior bowl practice highlights. Once I got around to practice, I really liked Pittman. He's a big WR that goes up and gets the ball. He seemed quicker and faster than expected even though that's not his strong points. They then went into his story about how he started playing special teams and loves football. He loves to block too, When he did the interview, he seemed humble. it just seemed like the WR we'd target.
Here's the rest of the numbers. Good 40 time and got under 7 in the 3 cone. Im sold on him in the 2nd after trading down a few times.
40 Yard Dash

Seconds

Bench Press
Reps

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
Seconds

20 Yd Shuttle
Seconds

Those are damn near Deebo numbers

IMO he's Allen Robinson 2.0 and is actually a better athlete. Sign me up

Crock really likes him too.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Crock really likes him too.

Crock knows! Mims is my guy, but that ship might have sail now that he blew on the combine (like I knew he would).

I'm looking for value because this WR class is so deep. Pittman might be that guy. He meets all the measurables that kyle likes in his WRs. He's faster than I thought he would be at that size. Can run-routes, blocks, quick feet etc...

Deebo/Hurd/Pittman/Kittle that's big boy football right there

Still need speed at receiver but I'll take that lineup all day.
Share 49ersWebzone