LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

RB Eno Benjamin, ASU

Well its time for my annual selection of best ASU draft prospect. Past selections:

2019 - WR N'Keal Harry - I predicted late 1st round. He went late 1st round to NE.
2018 - OG Sam Jones - No round prediction, thought he'd fit KS needs for interior lineman.6th round pick. Backup guard on Denver.
2018 - RB Kalen Ballage - Preseason I compared him to Matt Forte, but no round prediction. Went 4th round. Looks like he is winning starting position.
2017 - K Zane Gonzalez - Preseason I thought he was a 6th rounder. Went 7th round. Expected starter on Arizona.
2016 - RB DJ Foster - Preseason I thought he was a 2nd rounder. They then tried to convert him to WR his senior year in a debacle. Went undrafted. On AZ but I don't think he will make the roster
2015 - DB Damarious Randall - Preseason I thought he was a 5th rounder. Went 1st round. Starter at GB and now Cleveland.

So my 6th year highlight is.....RB Eno Benjamin 5'10 215 lbs. About 4.55 speed. Pre-season AP 2nd team RB, lots of accolades and awards. Led Pac-12 in rushing has a sophomore and 1st year starting.

Strengths: Very intelligent RB, sits in on OL meetings to go over their blocking schemes. Slippery and agile, able to slip and narrow shoulders to hit small gaps and windows. Patient runner that will wait for blocks to develop. Quick feet, excellent balance. Keeps his hips and shoulders low. Uses his power to run through DBs. He changes up his speed to make defenders miss, and can avoid arm tackles effectively. Reportedly in camp this year he is becoming a polished receiver.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have the power or size to be a premier between the tackle runner. Doesn't have the speed to be a premier outside tackle runner. There is some stiffness in his hips when he changes direction.

Projection: 3rd-4th round.

vs. Washington

Other ASU players likely to be drafted in 2020:
Center Cohl Cabral (playing LT right now, but his future is likely Center). Projected round: 4th-5th
WR Brandon Aiyuk - JUCO player that came on late last year, so hard to project right now. As for now, he's UDFA but he has the athleticism that a good senior year will put him in the draft.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 13, 2019 at 2:18 PM ]
FWIW Herm regularity talks to Lynch and Lynch watched the Cal game and talked to him about Eno
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
FWIW Herm regularity talks to Lynch and Lynch watched the Cal game and talked to him about Eno

I will be surprised if they take Eno as early as he's projected with Breida and Coleman still under contract for 2020. But I suppose anything is possible.
My problem with Eno is he is going to take a pounding this year with his lackluster offensive line. Between all the touches he got last year and the poor offensive line this year, I feel he is going to have a lot miles on him before even getting into the NFL.

Hard runner though. He showed that during the Cal game. A lot of his good runs were him getting hit in the backfield and making something out of nothing
Originally posted by okdkid:
I will be surprised if they take Eno as early as he's projected with Breida and Coleman still under contract for 2020. But I suppose anything is possible.

Where is he projected? I'm expecting Eno to fall in the draft. I doubt his measurables will be impressive and his stats are going to be ugly this year with the OL he has.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Where is he projected? I'm expecting Eno to fall in the draft. I doubt his measurables will be impressive and his stats are going to be ugly this year with the OL he has.

I've seen him, before the season, projected as a late 1st/early 2nd. And most others have him as one of the top 10 RBs -- which I suppose means 2nd/3rd
I was gonna make a thread on him. He's heading to the Senior Bowl because he graduated in 3 yrs.

I think he's ideal for a zone blocking scheme. One cut runner with good speed. He's got quick feet and good balance. I'd like if they let Coleman go (save $5M) and added another guy on day 3

Saw him tear up Arizona. Dude has elite footwork.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Saw him tear up Arizona. Dude has elite footwork.

agreed. I have no idea when he get's drafted could be anywhere from 2-4 IMO. SF needs to find a way to get more picks.

I'm fine moving down a couple times if need be.
Well its time for my annual selection of best ASU draft prospect. Past selections:

2019 - WR N'Keal Harry - I predicted late 1st round. He went late 1st round to NE.
2018 - OG Sam Jones - No round prediction, thought he'd fit KS needs for interior lineman.6th round pick. Backup guard on Denver.
2018 - RB Kalen Ballage - Preseason I compared him to Matt Forte, but no round prediction. Went 4th round. Looks like he is winning starting position.
2017 - K Zane Gonzalez - Preseason I thought he was a 6th rounder. Went 7th round. Expected starter on Arizona.
2016 - RB DJ Foster - Preseason I thought he was a 2nd rounder. They then tried to convert him to WR his senior year in a debacle. Went undrafted. On AZ but I don't think he will make the roster
2015 - DB Damarious Randall - Preseason I thought he was a 5th rounder. Went 1st round. Starter at GB and now Cleveland.

So my 6th year highlight is.....RB Eno Benjamin 5'10 2015 lbs. About 4.55 speed. Pre-season AP 2nd team RB, lots of accolades and awards. Led Pac-12 in rushing has a sophomore and 1st year starting.

Strengths: Very intelligent RB, sits in on OL meetings to go over their blocking schemes. Slippery and agile, able to slip and narrow shoulders to hit small gaps and windows. Patient runner that will wait for blocks to develop. Quick feet, excellent balance. Keeps his hips and shoulders low. Uses his power to run through DBs. He changes up his speed to make defenders miss, and can avoid arm tackles effectively. Reportedly in camp this year he is becoming a polished receiver.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have the power or size to be a premier between the tackle runner. Doesn't have the speed to be a premier outside tackle runner. There is some stiffness in his hips when he changes direction.

Projection: 3rd-4th round.

vs. Washington

Other ASU players likely to be drafted in 2020:
Center Cohl Cabral (playing LT right now, but his future is likely Center). Projected round: 4th-5th
WR Brandon Aiyuk - JUCO player that came on late last year, so hard to project right now. As for now, he's UDFA but he has the athleticism that a good senior year will put him in the draft.
Amazing dude runs a 4.5 at 2015lbs. We have to get him. Haha

I was shocked this kid wasn't drafted. The Cardinals may have found a diamond in the rough with this UDFA signing.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I was shocked this kid wasn't drafted. The Cardinals may have found a diamond in the rough with this UDFA signing.

But he was drafted?
I thought he was BPA for a while there on draft boards. During the draft, and especially after the Breida I trade I thought the 9ers might go for him. Good fit for the system, but I see why the went after other needs, and a guy like Hasty might actually have a better chance of making the team because of special teams experience.

Nice to see 9er fans in Arizona in this thread. Recently moved to Gilbert and generally get a ton of flak for my 9er hats. I dont blame them, but its just nice to know there are a few on my side out there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by sacniner:

But he was drafted?

Ah f**k lol, my cousin who went to asu texted that he got swooped by the cards and I assumed as a udfa. Didn't know he went in the 7th... that's late as hell for him
Share 49ersWebzone