DROY Bosa

This

This again

Can I change mine to this? Lol

Looks good, both strong candidates to see a bunch of reps at their position
Originally posted by zonkers:
Rashan Gary

Wu did you change your name ? Lol
Not being biased, but Nick Bosa is walking into one of the most ideal situations ever for a pick drafted this high. It's similar to Andrew Luck in 2012. The Colts in 2011 were the same team from 2010 more or less, just missing Peyton Manning. In Nick Bosa's case, he is going to be on the same line with a top-5 DT and a good pass rusher in his own right in Dee Ford, and all 3 of these guys complement one another very well in terms of what they bring to the table. There is pressure of Nick Bosa, but it's not like he's starting on the 2015 49ers D-line. Pretty ideal set up for him to be a sack master and get Defensive ROY honors. As for offensive, I'll have to look at where the top candidates are and what their team situation is. I'm pretty certain it will not be a QB however. Kyler Murray has weapons abound at WR, but he will be facing some nasty dlines in the NFC West. Seattle may have eliminated themselves from that conversation with the Frank Clark trade, but Pete Carroll's coaching has hid the poor drafting of Seattle for years, so I wouldn't totally count them out in regards to having a solid defense.
Hurd and Bosa. Yea im bias but watch Hurd turn into the wide receiver version of Kamara lol. He might change the game you never know. Realistically though i can see Nkeal Harry winning oroy
[ Edited by 24karat49er on Apr 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:
OROY-KM
DROY-Devin White

That makes the most sense right now...

Lot of things can happen in training camp.

Hope Bosa has 10+ sack season. Then he should be the DROY
The only knock on Bosa will be if he's an every down player or not. He gassed out a lot at Ohio State so I think it would be wise to use him in a rotation here considering we have a ton of defensive lineman. He'll play on pass downs for sure and put up the sack numbers but a guy like Devin White or Devin Bush will play all the downs and should get a lot of tackles.

Kyler Murray just needs a halfway decent year and he'll walk away with it on offense. He's a starter from day 1 and touches the ball every play. No other guy drafted will get that chance barring injury.

I do think Greedy is in a very good situation to win DROY.
1. Practicing against better receivers than he'll face.
2. Pass rush is amazing
3. Ward will be shutting down 1 side so he'll get lots opportunities
4. Looks like Browns offense will be putting up points which will lead to more passing
5. Browns will be in the playoff competition which will keep him focused
6. If he gets a lot of INTs no one will care how much he got beat or that he doesn't tackle (Marcus Peters)

While I think Bosa will win I can easily see Greedy getting it.
OROY: N'Keal Harry

DROY: Nick Bosa

Wanted both prior to the draft and believe they're in ideal situations for early success
Share 49ersWebzone