LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Which NFL team won the draft?

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
For me it's hands down the Redskins and Cards.

Both took their QB's of the future, scored great value on later picks to surround them with weapons, and still managed to take likely impact starters on D.

If their QBs work out, these drafts will jump start their rebuilds significantly.

Exactly my thoughts.
Gonna give the Chargers formerly of San Diego some huge props. Taking Tillery in the 1st was such a great move. He gives them some badly needed interior pass rush to go along with their guys on the edges.

Nasir Adderley was a great pick late in the second and gives them a very promising young safety duo.

I thought Tranquill in the 4th was a great pick. An ideal LB for the scheme. Then they took Easton Stick, who I think will let them run a lot of the same stuff as New Orleans does with Taysom Hill.

Overall I think they killed it.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
A number of teams had very good drafts:

A's). Redskins, Pats, Chargers had some of the better ones

Raiders did well but nothing earth-shaking.

We did better than OK but for me I give it a C+

It wasn't the kicker that bothered me - it was no top tier OL.

Agreed on no O line help. But the Punter absolutely bothered me. I think some people will be keeping a close eye on Dalton Risner next year and if he's doing really well it may lead to some b***hing.
Not if Deebo is playing well. Risner would have been a good pick without question but Deebo could make a huge impact.
The dumbest name, possibly in sports history, got signed as a UDFA with the Saints.

Texas WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey.

His parents named him Lil'Jordan.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The dumbest name, possibly in sports history, got signed as a UDFA with the Saints.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/735728-the-50-craziest-names-in-sports-history.amp.html

There have been worse but ya... pretty bad

At least they didn't call him Lil'AirJordan Humphrey.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/735728-the-50-craziest-names-in-sports-history.amp.html

i had a girl in my school named top ramenisha. and im not kidding lmfao.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Did you give her your special seasoning?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

At least they didn't call him Lil'AirJordan Humphrey.

Its implied I think. lol
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
A number of teams had very good drafts:

A's). Redskins, Pats, Chargers had some of the better ones

Raiders did well but nothing earth-shaking.

We did better than OK but for me I give it a C+

It wasn't the kicker that bothered me - it was no top tier OL.

For me RAIDS had a very good draft but cripes, with 3 first rd picks, plus a slug more in rds 2-5, what would one expect. As for us, disagree only slightly in grade... Lynch could have gotten piggy and traded down, thus insuring we get no Bosa. The fact he didn't despite some awesome offers, I would expect, was a terrific move , even tho it was very simple . I bet anything he and kyle were offered a bunch but they held to their guns and took the true blue chipper. Sounds easy, but was a lot harder to actually do, i bet.

Sure agree with your "It wasn't the kicker in rd 4 that bothered me...it was no OL in rd 2." AFter that, i wasn't much interested in drafting yet another backup OL. So even tho we got no OL high, the drafting of Bosa alone gets us a B-. He is that good and we needed him that bad..BPA intersected with NEED.

Then, in addition, we get two talented WRs, who may help us move the chains on 3rd downs and RZ. Also we got a starting punter who may have some tricks up his leg kyle uses. As for the rest, i hope all make the squad, but wouldn't bet money on any.

Next yr...OLs, and Ss. And I sure hope kyle is done with his 2nd rd and now 3rd rd WR picks. And I'll say the beads that kyle is right on the Deebo and Hurd thing...ie, that with them here , the OL gives its usual 2 seconds to our QB and after that craters...or disappears. I sure hope this works as it would make us ready to compete this yr. No point in contemplating what happens if the Deebo Hurd thing doesn't work ...it has to. Still, we got Bosa. B-

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Lol reminds me of this

• Homer
  • Veteran
I agree with Patriots, Titans, and Redskins.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Thursday Night.

My son (9) sighs when he sees the draft on. Pick #1 rolls in. Murray. I'm screaming. Beer is spilling out of my yeti cozied sour.

He sighs.

49ers on the clock. I'm a one-man chanting fanatic. Bo—sa ——Bo—Sa——BO-Sa....what the hell is taking So long. The card should've already been ran in. Bo- Sa. Bo-Sa.

"With the 2nd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the 5 time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers select....

Nick Bosa, QB Killer and game wrecker, The Ohio State.

I've lost my mind. I'm lost it, doing some sort of half Gallup, half skip, two-Stepping psycho-prance around the living room. I look to my son, hoping to have my elation mirrored in my mini-me.

He sighs.

I gather myself. This is one of those times that I have to be the dad. I have to make things right, without killing him. I take a knee so my eyes meet his. I look him down, look him up, and settle in with the most serious, and impactful gaze I can summon.

"Your behavior this evening and your lack of respect to the Man we just drafted hasn't gone unnoticed. You have some work to do to redeem yourself. Your punishment begins with this. From now on, you shall always refer to him as Mr. Nick Bosa."

He's been reached. His eyes tell me he understands the gravity of his situation, and the importance of his choices going forward.

He looks at me, pauses, gives me a single nod, and with an adult-like quiet, somber, sober, and respectful tone:

"Mr. Nick Bosa."

He's called him that ever since.

Thats a nice story, but the real question is.

What did your son say when we drafted a punter?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Arizona actually had a very strong draft on both sides of the ball. Bills had an underrated draft - their first 5 picks could be starters by the end of the year.

Jags could be dominant on D with the Josh Allen selection - SAM on base, DE on passing downs. And I'm going to throw the Colts in the mix because Ballard is an outstanding GM.
Share 49ersWebzone