There are 197 users in the forums

Who's your best case scenario with pick 36 (if no trade)?

Who's your best case scenario with pick 36 (if no trade)?

Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Were goin K or P, get over it

Wouldn't care we got Bosa
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Risner or AJ Brown
I think it'll be either AJ Brown or the top CB on the board.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Also listening to what shanny said last night regarding the secondary...he thinks adding foster and Bosa will improve that secondary.

I really think it's gonna be a WR at 36, or a trade back.

This, I don't understand how people are begging for Greedy or secondary

Pass rush and coverage are certainly intertwined and hard to evaluate independent of the other. But I think the conventional wisdom is (correctly) beginning to shift toward coverage improving pass rush more than vice versa.
-PFF values coverage over pass rush.
-The New England Patriots value coverage over pass rush.
-Teams with elite pass rushers last year like Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, and Dee Ford struggled in coverage and had below average defenses.

I'm coming around to the idea that fixing pass rush won't necessarily fix a defense, but fixing coverage will. Teams can scheme around great pass rushers with quick passing, max protect formations, etc. But, no matter how you scheme it up, in the end the QB has to throw at a defender in coverage--so that coverage player has the greatest control over the play's outcome.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Yeah PFF values coverage so much that their great idea was for the Niners to trade down and take DeAndre Baker or Greedy Williams.
The Better Rivals guys specially were quite hilarious in their take about trade down even with Bosa on board just because PFF grades....
Greedy Williams didn´t get a single visit by one team in the draft process. Seems to me that it´s a major red flag.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah PFF values coverage so much that their great idea was for the Niners to trade down and take DeAndre Baker or Greedy Williams.
The Better Rivals guys specially were quite hilarious in their take about trade down even with Bosa on board just because PFF grades....
Greedy Williams didn´t get a single visit by one team in the draft process. Seems to me that it´s a major red flag.

Teams don't want players who aren't willing to compete
I gotta go Greedy Williams. Mainly bc this dude was thought of as a top 10 prospect for a long time, fits our scheme perfectly, and I think the dropoff at corner in rd 3 will be much worse than the drop off at WR (there will be a guy at 67 that's not notably worse than Brown since there's just so damn many)
Share 49ersWebzone