LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 194 users in the forums

2nd round pick

I'd add CB to the S, WR & OT list...guess it kinda depends on how much faith they have in Witherspoon. Like the Verrett signing, but he's a slot CB all the way. I'd definitely be tempted to grab the top big CB on the board.
If Dalton Risner OT/G KState is there at 36, I can't think of anyone I'd rather draft. He is perfect for us.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 22, 2019 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
If Dalton Risner OT/G KState is there at 36, I can't think of anyone I'd rather draft. He is perfect for us.

Agreed
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Agreed

Double Down on this, good call.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If we take QW at No. 2 and by some miracle one of the top five edge guys are available, maybe we take him.

This.
Or better yet trade up into the mid 1st round for an edge rusher that falls. Ferrell or Sweat! 😎👍
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
You can definitely run different schemes, but the scheme we run primarily requires lighter offensive linemen that can move sideline to sideline quickly who are more agile. They're not going to be well suited to power their way into the end zone. The scheme itself isn't really the issue, IMO. I've seen Belichick use zone concepts in the red zone effectively. But he isn't really tied or rigid with his height/weight/speed on his linemen, which is why he was okay with getting Trent Brown.

I know what Kyle has said. But so far, all I see is that we have a bunch of guys who are great in between the hashes who can rack up a bunch of YAC. When things start to get tight in the goal line, its harder to scheme things open.

And I know people will call me "size queen" and this and that. Look...bottom line is....if we suck again in the red zone this year, I'm going to be on here b***hing about the same thing anyways. So nothings going to change.

I think Jordan Matthews is an okay start, but to be honest, I have my doubts if he is even going to make it through preseason cuts. I feel like Kyle would value Kendrick Bourne over him because he just values different things.

Well, *lighter* doesn't mean a ninety pound weakling. The 49er OLinemen average around just above 300 Lbs.

With the right RB and Pass catchers and the correct call, you can punch it in -- in the red zone. What you want in the red zone is good balance and enough talent to be unpredictable and have basically no tendencies to tip off defenses. Our 1981 defense wasn't that heavy, other than Archie Reese at nose tackle but they were able to stuff RB Pete Johnson and that massive cincinati OLine 4 times in the red zone because Jack knew their play calls.
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Agreed

Double Down on this, good call.
Yup! Me as well
Share 49ersWebzone