LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Parris Campbell WR OSU

What's everyone's thoughts on this kid?

He's got size 6-1 208 is gonna kill the 40 (reportly 4.3) and is a total YAC machine.

I'm trying to watch more of him, but was curious what OSU fans have to say about him. Should be available in the 3rd.

His route running isn't amazing, but I'm definitely interested to see him at the combine.

Very similar prospect to Curtis Samuel who came out a couple of years ago. WR/RB hybrid who can generate tons of YAC out of the slot and play next to the QB, too. Definitely could have a role in the pass happy NFL. Is he a Niners prospect? Don't think so since McKinnon is coming back. But someone will take him, likely on day two.
I feel he might be the most underrated not talked about WR prospect, he made some big plays at OSU, I see him as a 3rd Round guy right now..
  • krizay
  • Veteran
What i have jotted down is decent route runner. Great on underneath routes. Dynamic with ball in his hands. SPEED SPEED SPEED.

If you can hit him in stride on any underneath route lights out
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Very similar prospect to Curtis Samuel who came out a couple of years ago. WR/RB hybrid who can generate tons of YAC out of the slot and play next to the QB, too. Definitely could have a role in the pass happy NFL. Is he a Niners prospect? Don't think so since McKinnon is coming back. But someone will take him, likely on day two.

hmmm okay...I can see the simulaties with Curtis (he is a little bigger). I gotta watch a little more of Paris.

So you don't think he can play outside?
Not sure he'll be available in the 3rd...

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130944&draftyear=2019&genpos=WR

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2019/01/parris-campbell-nfl-draft-projection-stock-ohio-state/amp/

I don't think he's going in the first round because he gets a lot of his production after the catch and he should be more of a deep threat given his speed (can he track the ball well?) but he'll be interesting for teams in the late 2nd round and on.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Not sure he'll be available in the 3rd...

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130944&draftyear=2019&genpos=WR

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2019/01/parris-campbell-nfl-draft-projection-stock-ohio-state/amp/

I don't think he's going in the first round because he gets a lot of his production after the catch and he should be more of a deep threat given his speed (can he track the ball well?) but he'll be interesting for teams in the late 2nd round and on.

I've looked at TDN big board and he's available in the 3rd and cbs big board has him at 68th overall. He's kinda all over the place.
Off the field- My wife and I and the kids had dinner with Parris and his girlfriend in early January 2018 (about a year ago). We shared a table with them at Benihana's (it was just us and them). I figured out he was Parris Campbell about 15 minutes into our conversation. He did not offer that information to me, which was very humble of him in my view. Really nice and polite young man. It was before the deadline to submit names for the 2018 NFL Draft. We talked for about an hour. Went to the same high school as Lebron James. I asked him if he was coming out early,,,, and he honestly said that he hadn't made up his mind. Somewhat shy, but friendly, cerebral, classy. Just a nice young man. Mature. In a league full of prima donna WRs, he is NOT one of them. Girlfriend was athletic, classy, intelligent. Not a ditzy bimbo. The two of them impressed us so much I picked up the tab. He owes me a dinner sometime.

On the field- He is really fast. OSU does most of their trick plays/reverses through him. Once he is free, nobody is going to catch him. Pretty reliable hands, long limbed and versatile (he can return punts and kickoffs) Scored a ton of TDs in 2018: 12. And, 1000 yards receiving in OSU's offense is not too bad. Not the greatest route runner, but I believe he has the ability to learn. His forty time is going to blaze. Would be surprised if he ran slower than 4.38. One of the favorites to be the fastest at the combine. I think he ends up a mid to late-second round selection after he blows up the combine.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 26, 2019 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Off the field- My wife and I and the kids had dinner with Parris and his girlfriend in early January 2018 (about a year ago). We shared a table with them at Benihana's (it was just us and them). I figured out he was Parris Campbell about 15 minutes into our conversation. He did not offer that information to me, which was very humble of him in my view. Really nice and polite young man. It was before the deadline to submit names for the 2018 NFL Draft. We talked for about an hour. Went to the same high school as Lebron James. I asked him if he was coming out early,,,, and he honestly said that he hadn't made up his mind. Somewhat shy, but friendly, cerebral, classy. Just a nice young man. Mature. In a league full of prima donna WRs, he is NOT one of them. Girlfriend was athletic, classy, intelligent. Not a ditzy bimbo. The two of them impressed us so much I picked up the tab. He owes me a dinner sometime.

On the field- He is really fast. OSU does most of their trick plays/reverses through him. Once he is free, nobody is going to catch him. Pretty reliable hands, long limbed and versatile (he can return punts and kickoffs) Scored a ton of TDs in 2018: 12. And, 1000 yards receiving in OSU's offense is not too bad. Not the greatest route runner, but I believe he has the ability to learn. His forty time is going to blaze. Would be surprised if he ran slower than 4.38. One of the favorites to be the fastest at the combine. I think he ends up a mid to late-second round selection after he blows up the combine.

Thanks for sharing this pretty sweet!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

hmmm okay...I can see the simulaties with Curtis (he is a little bigger). I gotta watch a little more of Paris.

So you don't think he can play outside?

Possibly, if he shows he can run good routes.

Yeah MD, that alone would make me want him on my team, not gonna lie. I do like this kid though to answer your question NY, he does remind me of Curtis Samuel as well but it might very well be for the obvious common team reason.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Yeah MD, that alone would make me want him on my team, not gonna lie. I do like this kid though to answer your question NY, he does remind me of Curtis Samuel as well but it might very well be for the obvious common team reason.

Campbell is a player who needs room to run. Once he heads North-South, he is gone. Just way too fast for DBs. OSU tried to work him almost exclusively on the outside of the field. Would have like to have seen a more extensive route tree with him.
A little shorter than I thought he'd be

4.32 unofficial
Share 49ersWebzone