Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 652 users in the forums

Draft choice at number 2

Browse 49ers books and videos

Draft choice at number 2

1) Draft Bosa if available

2) Cards pick Bosa. Fish around for Haskins trade ups

3) if no offers or offer isn't sexy enough, pick Quinnen Williams. Try to package Solomon Thomas in a trade up back into the 1st round for Burns/Polite/Winovich
A. Bosa

B. Williams

C. Tradedown(The offer needs to get better than that. A 2nd and 3rd this year, a 1st and 2nd next year.....especially if its from Jacksonville or the Giants, a good QB could lead to them being a heck of a lot better in a hurry.)
  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 342
I see your point Phoenix

But #2 is worth 2600 points.. looking like giants and Jax will end up with the 6th/ 7th pick... so their first second this year will be worth 1600/530 or 1500/520 ... so it's only short by 470 or 580 points which is next years #1... if there is bidding war between giants and Jax maybe we can get a third but Haskins I don't think will fetch that much

I honestly like getting multiple picks because 3 top 40 picks could help us fill out our DE/S/OG/WR holes instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in Bosa
Originally posted by eman:
I see your point Phoenix

But #2 is worth 2600 points.. looking like giants and Jax will end up with the 6th/ 7th pick... so their first second this year will be worth 1600/530 or 1500/520 ... so it's only short by 470 or 580 points which is next years #1... if there is bidding war between giants and Jax maybe we can get a third but Haskins I don't think will fetch that much

I honestly like getting multiple picks because 3 top 40 picks could help us fill out our DE/S/OG/WR holes instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in Bosa


Trading into the top 3 routinely exceeds the draft value chart.

At some point you have to consider the value of those picks versus acquiring a true blue chip type prospect. Bosa and Williams are potential game changers at the next level. You have to consider who might be available at 6 and 7 and whether that value and another 2nd will result in better overall production than what you'll get from either of those guys.
Plan A: Bosa

Plan B: I'll let you know in April.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 30, 2018 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A. Bosa

B. Williams

C. Tradedown(The offer needs to get better than that. A 2nd and 3rd this year, a 1st and 2nd next year.....especially if its from Jacksonville or the Giants, a good QB could lead to them being a heck of a lot better in a hurry.)
This

If we get Bosa or QWill we Win!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eman:
I see your point Phoenix

But #2 is worth 2600 points.. looking like giants and Jax will end up with the 6th/ 7th pick... so their first second this year will be worth 1600/530 or 1500/520 ... so it's only short by 470 or 580 points which is next years #1... if there is bidding war between giants and Jax maybe we can get a third but Haskins I don't think will fetch that much

I honestly like getting multiple picks because 3 top 40 picks could help us fill out our DE/S/OG/WR holes instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in Bosa


Trading into the top 3 routinely exceeds the draft value chart.

At some point you have to consider the value of those picks versus acquiring a true blue chip type prospect. Bosa and Williams are potential game changers at the next level. You have to consider who might be available at 6 and 7 and whether that value and another 2nd will result in better overall production than what you'll get from either of those guys.

Normally I'd agree but there's just alot of holes we can fill with starting caliber / high potential players in a trade back given the depth in this draft at edge. Imagine being able to get Polite, Harmon, and Fant for the value of one pick.

I just don't see any of those players not being high end starters and all positions of need. If it's Bosa I just pull the trigger and take him but I wouldn't do it for Williams if we got a real legit offer.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,423
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A. Bosa

B. Williams

C. Tradedown(The offer needs to get better than that. A 2nd and 3rd this year, a 1st and 2nd next year.....especially if its from Jacksonville or the Giants, a good QB could lead to them being a heck of a lot better in a hurry.)

this
Don't we already have a undersized DT that struggles in Thomas ??? why draft another in Williams ???
Bosa > Trade down > Williams > anyone else
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Don't we already have a undersized DT that struggles in Thomas ??? why draft another in Williams ???

Do you know who Williams is? Undersized huh?
Plan A Bosa
Plan B Take Haskins and force a trade.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Don't we already have a undersized DT that struggles in Thomas ??? why draft another in Williams ???

Watch before posting...
I'm drafting Quinnen Williams, no hesitation.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone