There are 174 users in the forums

Marquise "Hollywood" Brown WR Oklahoma

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Literally, none of those quotes are about his health. He didn't look like himself in the bowl game from what I saw. If he is healthy I agree he probably is the second best WR in the draft.

IF health was an issue none of them would be talking about Brown like they currently are. That's my point.

The NFL is a copycat league, I think the relative struggles of John Ross will hurt where Hollywood will be drafted, but I think that just keeps him out of the top 15.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Literally, none of those quotes are about his health. He didn't look like himself in the bowl game from what I saw. If he is healthy I agree he probably is the second best WR in the draft.

IF health was an issue none of them would be talking about Brown like they currently are. That's my point.

Maybe the injury isn't as bad as I thought then. His film is better than all the WRs in this draft probably.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Maybe the injury isn't as bad as I thought then. His film is better than all the WRs in this draft probably.

Was it though? His film is like fool's gold. Yes he looks FAST and dynamic but does his game translate to every team? Go routes, drags and wr screens.

He would be awesome with Mahomes. With Rodgers. With Roethlisberger. With the dude in Seattle.

Will he with Garoppolo or Mullens here? Does he really fit our system? Does his film really look better FOR OUR OFFENSE? I'm not so sure.

Very few players are plug n play for every team.
Originally posted by krizay:

Was it though? His film is like fool's gold. Yes he looks FAST and dynamic but does his game translate to every team? Go routes, drags and wr screens.

He would be awesome with Mahomes. With Rodgers. With Roethlisberger. With the dude in Seattle.

Will he with Garoppolo or Mullens here? Does he really fit our system? Does his film really look better FOR OUR OFFENSE? I'm not so sure.

Very few players are plug n play for every team.

He gets in and out of his breaks very well, Kyle would work wonders with him.

Remember that Goodwin mainly ran go routes before he got here.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The NFL is a copycat league, I think the relative struggles of John Ross will hurt where Hollywood will be drafted, but I think that just keeps him out of the top 15.

Brown can actually run routes though

dude is electric wish he was a little bigger
Quick route runners are usually better receivers. Speed is important but you don't need track speed if you run good routes. They enable you to get the separation you need. Even on deep patterns you can get behind the D with good moves and deception. Auburn has a receiver that ran a 10.06 and a 10.15 100 in high school. Those are true world class times. You would think he could get behind the defense and run away from guys but so far he doesn't seem to be able to do much.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
He gets in and out of his breaks very well, Kyle would work wonders with him.

Remember that Goodwin mainly ran go routes before he got here.

Then we don't need Brown? Or you're wanting 2 Goodwins?
Originally posted by krizay:
Then we don't need Brown? Or you're wanting 2 Goodwins?

Just good football players, that's all.
Watching a little more or Brown and his game speed is insane. He might not have the best 40 ever but he's fast as f**k on the football field

Bummer

Won't participate in combine or pro day. Any chance he can drop to our 2nd rounder?
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Won't participate in combine or pro day. Any chance he can drop to our 2nd rounder?

That's the hope.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
2nd round??

The likelihood that players come back to the same level of play after this injury is exceptionally low. Massive head trauma has better odds.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by BMoore56:

That's the hope.

Yeah man if he's there for our 2nd it'd be really hard to pass on him
Share 49ersWebzone