LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2019 OLinemen

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Im a fan might be chilling in the 2nd...think he could handle OG for a yr or two?

Oh you SOB!

I was just about to say this dude looks as big as Trenton Brown and here you are talking about using him as a G to T.

Love it. Haha.

So yeah, I'm on board with this crush too Water.
I really like Garrett Bradbury for our 2nd pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed
Oh you SOB!

I was just about to say this dude looks as big as Trenton Brown and here you are talking about using him as a G to T.

Love it. Haha.

6-4 315 super athletic not seeing brown there

This draft is chalk full of good OL prospects...which I know you'll love!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 12, 2019 at 5:17 PM ]
Oh you SOB!

Love it. Haha.

Ya I'm not sure about guard with him. One negative I noticed about his tape is that his feet when run blocking are too close together. That's why you see him grabbing/holding a bit when the player fights off his grip he can't re anchor because he's too high.

It's weird because his feet when passblocking is nearly perfect. I just love his athletic skillset but there are other guards and tackles I would be more than happy with also.

Love his quickness, lateral movement, and technique but I'm afraid he'll get bullied by NFL DTs. He needs to gain strength and not get put on skates quick and often. He's my 2nd rated Center in this class, really good prospect.
Oh you SOB!

Love it. Haha.

315? Wow...looks closer to 355. Big build. But he does look great. Love the hand work.
Give me 1..

Risner, Lindstrom in the 2nd..

Bradbury, Jenkins, McGovern, Deiter, in the 3rd..

Powers, Ivey, Jordan, Eberle, Galliard, in 4th on..

All can play G..
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Love his quickness, lateral movement, and technique but I'm afraid he'll get bullied by NFL DTs. He needs to gain strength and not get put on skates quick and often. He's my 2nd rated Center in this class, really good prospect.

Thanks dude. Do you see him as a C or G at the NFL?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Thanks dude. Do you see him as a C or G at the NFL?

No problem, IMO, he's versatile enough to play both positions but I see him more as a C on the next level. He makes up for the lack of strength through his quickness after the snap, taking advantage of the snap count. His quickness to position himself after the snap is elite and will win him a lot of matchup in the running game, he's excellent in outside zone run game. Pass protection is where you clearly see his lack of strength when NFL DTs puts him on skates and drive him into the QB's lap, the technique is still there but it has to be perfect for him to win base on technique only. Other than that he's badass!!

Cajuste, Bradbury, McCoy, risner are my fav 4, not in order. I am forever waiting on Alaric Jackson to replace staley tho
Possibly my favorite OL in terms of value actually is Alex Bars. I think he got overlooked with Nelson and MM on the team but he's a perfect fit in our scheme. Probably the best pulling guard in the draft that can be had with our 3rd maybe 4th because of his injury.

Bars isn't going in the 3rd after completely wrecking his knee. I have him as a 5th to 6th round pick right now.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Possibly my favorite OL in terms of value actually is Alex Bars. I think he got overlooked with Nelson and MM on the team but he's a perfect fit in our scheme. Probably the best pulling guard in the draft that can be had with our 3rd maybe 4th because of his injury.

medical will be huge for him at the combine....he's gonna go later than the 3rd imo. could be a steal in the 5th.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bars isn't going in the 3rd after completely wrecking his knee. I have him as a 5th to 6th round pick right now.

Even better then! I'm on board for a tackle at 2 if that is the case. I think when the dust settles Bars will be as good as any guard in this class.
Share 49ersWebzone