LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Hakeem Butler-WR-Iowa State

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
15% drop rate is probably just one of the things killing him.

That's almost as bad as Metcalf's 3 cone drill.
Originally posted by valrod33:
DRAFT HIM, DRAFT ALL THE WRS

Nah, we going with a kicker.
Originally posted by valrod33:
DRAFT HIM, DRAFT ALL THE WRS

Yes. At this point, just draft some more WRs and a punter.
No draft expert, but I watched some highlights and games of Hakeem Butler, and I while he is long, fast, and strong, he runs some ugly routes. Combined with apparently some drops, and I can understand him being here.

When I look at him, and how physical he is at 225lb, I bet if he added weight (no problem with his 6'5" frame) he would be a great defensive end, in the mold of Aldon Smith. 35.25" arms, 10.75" hands, 18 reps bench, 128" broad jump. Aldon at 6'4" 263lb 35.25" arms, had 20 reps, 118" broad jump.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This year was so hard to figure out WR rankings. I'll admit I had everyone from Harry to Sills to Hurd as my top WR lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This year was so hard to figure out WR rankings. I'll admit I had everyone from Harry to Sills to Hurd as my top WR lol

Crazy year no doubt
I knew this guy was 💩

Originally posted by Heroism:
I knew this guy was 💩

Good thing that Lynch and Shanny were smarter than so many of the WZ experts who wanted Butler over Deebo. Crazy that he is already cut

I knew this guy was 💩

He never had much of a shot in Arizona. Injured last year and now they are super deep at WR. Could still be a useful developmental prospect for someone.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Good thing that Lynch and Shanny were smarter than so many of the WZ experts who wanted Butler over Deebo. Crazy that he is already cut

I wanted Aj Brown n Nkeal Harry, Deeebo was my 3rd option i aint gon lie lol. What i really wanted was Greedy williams at that pick then to try and trade back into the 2nd and get Brown or Deebo. Id rather have Greedy + Brown/Deebo than Hurd.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol
Originally posted by Tman:

Lol

One thing I've learned over the years is to trust your original assessment of a player. Sometimes we can get swayed by "pundits", "draftniks" and "experts." Trust your gut.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tman:

Lol

One thing I've learned over the years is to trust your original assessment of a player. Sometimes we can get swayed by "pundits", "draftniks" and "experts." Trust your gut.

My gut tells me 49ers should've drafted Calvin Ridley over Pettis, was very happy about Deebo and I feel they should've drafted Jeudy over Kinlaw. Also felt 49ers should've drafted late round steal Auden Tate.
Share 49ersWebzone