LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Webzone Film Cut-Up Project (Volunteers needed)

Fellow Zoners, with draftbreakdown closing its digital doors for good, I've been entertaining the idea of starting a YouTube channel dedicated to the production of play by play cuts of various prospects leading up to the draft. While it is not possible to capture every prospect or every game, I believe that if even just a few of us worked together, we could put together a great deal of valuable information for our fellow users here.

Key things to note:

- Ideally, we would want to work off of condensed saved broadcasts (I've done some research on sources for those); this would be to avoid having to sift through hours of filler and commercials.

- Anyone chosen to be a part of the film team will have access to upload to the channel.

- Videos will be uploaded as unlisted to avoid any potential channel bans and to keep our work viewable by Webzone members only for now.

Ultimately, the feasibility of all this depends on whether or not anyone would be willing to participate, so with that said, would any of you fellow draftniks be down to collaborate?

Certainly open to other feedback and suggestions as well.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM ]
good idea. wish i had the time
Hero, AB, MD, thl? Really I think just myself and two others would be enough to cover a substantial amount of players without having to spend too much time.
Trying to get a lot of things finished off before the end of the year, but hoping to have more time next year.

Video editing is part of my job so with access to footage I could probably slice and dice pretty quickly.
I should have some free time during the holidays, so I'll be able to contribute. Especially for the edge rushers.
Awesome, would love to get as much help as we can. I'll shoot over channel info when I get a chance and will post up links here to the sources with full games to make cuts from so people can make note of any they're working on to prevent duplicate work.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM ]
  • thl408
Sounds like a great idea with draftbreakdown going down. I can't contrubute though. Can't wait to see what you guys put up.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Awesome, would love to get as much help as we can. I'll shoot over channel info when I get a chance and will post up links here to the sources with full games to make cuts from so people can make note of any they're working on to prevent duplicate work.

Cheers. Let me know as I would be keen to get my hands on some footage just to see how quickly I can churn out a vid.
good luck. If I had time, I'd love to help
I'm a videographer, editor, and motion graphics designer and would love to help out. I also manage YouTube pages.

Will look forward to what you guys can put together.

I posted this in another thread here but figured I'd give this guy props in here since it's relevant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KY3jyelNpheEC9cIauXKeBWU6k1W5O-6IjJ5zcyy_vo/edit?usp=sharing

This guy put together a very impressive list of players with links to their game cutups. Not every game is available but without draftbreakdown any places that make it easier to find game tape from these kids, especially with the players identified on every snap that's terrific.
Bump
Best sources for downloading college games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBUploads/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=full+college+football+games+2018 (pulls tons of results)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=condensed%20college%20football%20game%202018&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=condensed%20college%20football%20game%202018&sc=0-36&sk=&cvid=633EF3D1F0D14B36A1B27450EFEA4299 (pulls lots of results for condensed games)

This is what I've found so far. Some are full cuts and not condensed, but there's a heck of a lot of footage there. YouTube channel has been created and I'll PM all who may want to participate the login credentials.

Also could use a hand in doing some channel art; the banner needs to be 2560 X 1440.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 15, 2018 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hero, AB, MD, thl? Really I think just myself and two others would be enough to cover a substantial amount of players without having to spend too much time.

I'd love too help but I have no experience doing this I tried getting people for my site but it would have been expensive, also I shut down my web site as it consumed my life, plus some potential legal issues with images of the players had someone threaten to sue me.

I'll still post stuff, maybe for other sites like NinersNation or here, but probably done with my own site
Ugh I would but I don't have as much time now :/. I used to do this for fun. I might be able to do a few videos.
Share 49ersWebzone