Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 620 users in the forums

Pass Rusher Watch Thread (11/10/18)

Browse 49ers books and videos
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,996
Wilkins and Lawrence impress me more then Ferrell.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Wilkins and Lawrence impress me more then Ferrell.

Wilkins and Lawrence are the better overall players IMO, but if you are strictly looking at DE, Ferrell and Bryant would be the options off this Clemson team. Whoever drafts those inside guys is getting some freaks tho. Wilkins actually played DE during Clemson's championship 2016 season a lot as Bryant worked back from a broken foot.
[ Edited by TheBlueHell on Nov 10, 2018 at 8:04 PM ]
Rashan Gary is the most underrated player in this entire draft. He may also be one of the best when it's all said and done.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Rashan Gary is the most underrated player in this entire draft. He may also be one of the best when it's all said and done.

2 sacks on the year.

Need to have production on the field.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Rashan Gary is the most underrated player in this entire draft. He may also be one of the best when it's all said and done.
Crazy thing is that he almost went to Clemson, too. He narrowed it down to Clemson (has an uncle who lives close to campus) and Michigan, but Harbaugh pulled some shenanigans with that NJ high school. Gary was #1 on Rivals that year and Dexter Lawrence was #2.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
so who's the best ER after Bosa?

The $6 million question. I am not sure there is a consensus no 2. Allen or Sweat would be my guess.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
so who's the best ER after Bosa?

The $6 million question. I am not sure there is a consensus no 2. Allen or Sweat would be my guess.

It really depends who you ask. You can't really go off measurables because if you go solely off those, you'll miss a lot -- just look at the last five years of prospects. Almost all had good workout numbers.

Tape and production always trump workout numbers. Even then, there's no guarantee (see Solomon Thomas, although the jury is still out).
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,996
Ferguson, Polite, Burns, Winovich all playing right now, don't know what game to watch haha
Originally posted by jimrat:
Ferguson, Polite, Burns, Winovich all playing right now, don't know what game to watch haha

I want to watch the Gator/FSU game but for whatever reason ABC isn't working for me
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,996
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Ferguson, Polite, Burns, Winovich all playing right now, don't know what game to watch haha

I want to watch the Gator/FSU game but for whatever reason ABC isn't working for me

Huge bummer, I'm flipping back and fourth between games.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I want to watch the Gator/FSU game but for whatever reason ABC isn't working for me



https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/comments/9zzk3k/game_thread_11_florida_vs_florida_state_1200_pm_et/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I want to watch the Gator/FSU game but for whatever reason ABC isn't working for me



https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/comments/9zzk3k/game_thread_11_florida_vs_florida_state_1200_pm_et/

Nice!
Winovich isn't showing up against Ohio.
Just a situation I've been playing out in my head that idk what would happen so wondering your opinion, I know there is a way to go in the draft process but say unfortunately the niners miss out on Bosa and are drafting say 4th, what do they do ? Pass rusher is the biggest need so do they grab the next best in whoever you think ? Or would you be upset thinking it's a reach ? Me personally as of now other then Bosa I don't see another pass rusher worth a top 5 pick..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Just a situation I've been playing out in my head that idk what would happen so wondering your opinion, I know there is a way to go in the draft process but say unfortunately the niners miss out on Bosa and are drafting say 4th, what do they do ? Pass rusher is the biggest need so do they grab the next best in whoever you think ? Or would you be upset thinking it's a reach ? Me personally as of now other then Bosa I don't see another pass rusher worth a top 5 pick..

For me, in order:
1. Trade down for a haul + Jachai Polite
2. Quinnen Williams
3. Trade down for a decent value + Jachai Polite
4. Deionte Thompson
5. Greedy Williams
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone