LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 143 users in the forums

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'm not sure I like the idea of switching McGlinchey to LT. I'd do everything possible to keep him at RT. In this day and age there's elite pass rushers over both Tackles. If you have a top 3 player at his position I'd explore other options before moving him imo.

If the other option is spending a top 5 pick on another tackle I say no thanks
Not his best game tonight
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'm not sure I like the idea of switching McGlinchey to LT. I'd do everything possible to keep him at RT. In this day and age there's elite pass rushers over both Tackles. If you have a top 3 player at his position I'd explore other options before moving him imo.

If the other option is spending a top 5 pick on another tackle I say no thanks

See you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Next season we'll have the Joe, Jonah and Mike show!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
See you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Next season we'll have the Joe, Jonah and Mike show!

Lol so I should be pumped to get a OT kinda like reverse psychology

Lol so I should be pumped to get a OT kinda like reverse psychology

Well not hoping for a tackle certainly didn't get you anywhere this year.
I was thinking, another reason he may not be the pick (asuming we aren't picking #1) is taking two tackles two years in a row may lead to cap problems 5 years later etc. although I doubt they give it much thought other than if they are both playing that well it's a good problem to have etc.
I have always been a fan of building a strong offensive line since those guys usually last several years and can be the foundation for a long run of success. However, I am on the Bosa train this year because we need an impact player. I know there is no such thing as a sure thing but he seems to have what this team has been missing for a long time. Even if he ends up being just average (6-10 sacks) at least he gives us a spark heading into next year. We really need that after all the disappointments we had this year.

Still holding that on me lol jeez

Still jinxing us all I see.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Still jinxing us all I see.

NY in 2018:"Anyone but tackle a please."

NY in 2019:"No more tackles damnit!"

49ers in 2021-4 straight tackles drafted in the 1st round.

Damn.

Hey sexy.
Guess he's on the radar now. Time to take the Bosa goggles off and start looking at the other players... and other positions.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM ]
Welp, LT it is.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Welp, LT it is.

I said earlier in the season.

Staley commited to next season which is great, but that doesn't mean we won't draft Jonah and groom him for a year. It may be the wise move once our pick is on the clock.
Share 49ersWebzone