LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Players of interest Thread

The purpose of this thread is for college ball noobs like me trying to get some intel about players that have been "learned of recently". Does anybody know the deal about the following players:

Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
Byron Murphy CB Washington
Trayvon Muellen CB Clemson
Kelvin Harmon WR NC State
DK Metcalf WR Ole Mis
Tarik Black WR Michigan
Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
Diggs coming off injury but a stud. Mullen is a height weight speed prospect. Kelvin is a #2WR, DK is a bonafide WR1 if healthy
For Michigan players check https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/191115-wu-5rings-u-michigan-hype-machine-prospect-page/

I like what I have seen of Jonathan Abram at Mississippi state. Their whole defense is good
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 27, 2018 at 8:59 AM ]
2019 draft targets: 
DE: Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell
ER: Brian Burns, Andrew Van Ginkel, Wyatt Ray, Jachai Polite, Oshane Ximines, Chase Winovich
DL: Derrick Brown, Raekwon Davis
LB: Porter Gustin, Khalil Hodge 
CB: Greedy Williams, Delrick Abrams, Trayvon Mullen, Davante Davis, Jamal Peters, Byron Murphy III, Jamel Dean, Rock Ya-Sin, Derrick Baity, Bryce Hall, Trevon Diggs
S: Taylor Rapp, Deionte Thompson, Jah'Shawn Johnson
OT: Trey Adams, Alaric Jackson, David Edwards, Tyree St. Louis, Dalton Risner, Yodny Cajuste, Chuma Edoga
OG: Elgton Jenkins, Garrett Brumfield, Chris Lindstrom, Tyler Jones, Larry Allen III, 
RB: Devin Singletary
WR: Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler, Juwan Johnson, Denzel Mims, Anthony Ratliff-Williams, T.J. Vasher, Emmanuel Butler, Antoine Wesley, Riley Ridley, D.K. Metcalf, Jaylen Hurd
TE: Caleb Wilson, Albert Okwuegbunam, Jace Sternberger, Micky Crum, D.J. Hockenson
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 27, 2018 at 11:58 AM ]
Anyone have intel on Michael Jackson CB Miami, Riley Ridley WR Georgia, Bryce Hall CB Virginia, David Sills WR West Virginia?
Just finished watching this UNC vs Ga Tech game. The linebacker for UNC Cole Holcomb is a beast. He had 22 tackles. He flys to the ball. Shows good awareness and instincts. Linebacker is far from our biggest need but right now he seems to be one of those possible late round gems sorta flying under the radar.

This is a comparison that probably gets over used and I haven't seen enough of this kid to make a definitive overall assessment, but the kid reminded me of Kuechly in this game and was a tackling machine. Kid was a monster.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 3, 2018 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Just finished watching this UNC vs Ga Tech game. The linebacker for UNC Cole Holcomb is a beast. He had 22 tackles. He flys to the ball. Shows good awareness and instincts. Linebacker is far from our biggest need but right now he seems to be one of those possible late round gems sorta flying under the radar.

This is a comparison that probably gets over used and I haven't seen enough of this kid to make a definitive overall assessment, but the kid reminded me of Kuechly in this game and was a tackling machine. Kid was a monster.

Does he play the inside or outside?
Texas has some big dudes at WR
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Does he play the inside or outside?

Listed as an outside linebacker but seems to play interchangeably. Last year from what I read, UNC lost their starting middle linebacker so they moved him and he continued to play as a bright spot. This year, they seem to move him around the field at the linebacker spot as a match up specific piece.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 3, 2018 at 1:39 PM ]

Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State

Per Pro Football Focus, Iowa State redshirt junior WR Hakeem Butler contributed a 153.3 passer rating when targeted in Saturday's game against Kansas.

He averaged a whopping 32.8 yards per reception and 6.07 yards per route run on his way to a blowup 6/164/2 game. He was their main form of offense in this one and has the potential to be a high draft back come 2019. Butler has now increased his yardage total in four straight weeks, going over 100 yards the past three weeks. He'll look to add to this against Baylor next week.

Rotoworld
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Nov 4, 2018 at 8:13 AM ]
I'm very interested in Oklahoma State SAM/LEO prospect Jordan Brailford. Guy just flies around the field and plays every position on the front seven except DT. They line him up all over the place to create mismatches. Would love for us to take a look if he declares.
If your looking for a late round small school steal look at LT Drew Forbes from Southeast Missouri State, 6'4 300 lbs.

https://twitter.com/SmallSchoolGuru/status/1058174344822747136
I didn't feel like making another thead for this but with draft breakdown going down it's going to be tougher to find film on guys to see who you like.

I spotted someone retweet this guy right here and it's an awesome link. This guy has put in a ton of work with likely more to come. Tons of players with links to their info AND videos of their play.

Link to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KY3jyelNpheEC9cIauXKeBWU6k1W5O-6IjJ5zcyy_vo/edit?usp=sharing

[ Edited by genus49 on Nov 7, 2018 at 6:51 PM ]
West Virginia redshirt junior LB David Long recorded three sacks in Saturday's game against TCU.

Long was a nightmare for TCU in this one, recording three sacks, one quarterback hit, and seven pressures. This all came on only 15 pass-rush snaps. Long is having a great year, recording seven sacks and 18 tackles-for-loss. He'll look to continue his dominance next week against Oklahoma State.
Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter
Share 49ersWebzone