LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Still really want this guy. Hope he comes out this year so we have a chance. Screw drafting a #1 receiver if we had Kittle and this guy.

The 2020 draft at WR is suppose to be epic
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Still really want this guy. Hope he comes out this year so we have a chance. Screw drafting a #1 receiver if we had Kittle and this guy.

The 2020 draft at WR is suppose to be epic

That's good to know. Hopefully they can trade down with their second pick and get an early future pick
Ideally, if we invested in another TE, is the idea just to be a good no. 2 TE? Im that case, we are only talking 20-30 catches a year. Now if the goal is using both TEs frequently, I'm all for it. Especially if we added another deep threat. I'm hoping 2020 can be almost an all offensive draft. Give. Kyle. More. Weapons.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ideally, if we invested in another TE, is the idea just to be a good no. 2 TE? Im that case, we are only talking 20-30 catches a year. Now if the goal is using both TEs frequently, I'm all for it. Especially if we added another deep threat. I'm hoping 2020 can be almost an all offensive draft. Give. Kyle. More. Weapons.

I'm hoping for just a ton of speed at the WR and RB positions so that both TE can just feast in the middle.
However, it's way more than his NFL chops as a receiver that makes him an exciting prospect. Blessed with prototypical size for the position and room to grow, Hockenson blocks like an Iowa tight end the way Nick Chubb runs between the tackles like a Georgia Bulldog.
In addition to NFL-caliber receptions and releases, Hockenson displays skill with a variety of blocks that will be required of him on Sundays. This Hawkeye is one of the better all-around tight end prospects I've seen in years.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2018/12/15/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-no-137-te-t-j-hockenson-iowa/

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I'm hoping for just a ton of speed at the WR and RB positions so that both TE can just feast in the middle.
Mismatch city.

Nice. This draft has some serious talent at TE.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Wow...if we can somehow snag this guy after trading back in the first for some extra 2nd or 3rd round picks to use one on him would be quite a TE tandem.
Can we get a rookie that comes in and makes more money than our All Pro?

Also Juice is great, are we really up for going to 22 personnel often?

I'd like a 2nd TE, but I think it should be a flier on another late rounder, plus Celek played hurt all year.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Can we get a rookie that comes in and makes more money than our All Pro?

Also Juice is great, are we really up for going to 22 personnel often?

I'd like a 2nd TE, but I think it should be a flier on another late rounder, plus Celek played hurt all year.

As much as I'd love to have TJ, I think you're right. Kyle has built the team to function through 21 personnel, George Kittle is a superstar that will get paid soon, a second TE is a luxury, etc. There seem to be too many reasons making it unlikely.

I think Ross Dwelley could develop into a solid second TE.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM ]
Some team is going to draft him much earlier than we anticipate in hopes of getting some of the Iowa-Kittle magic.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 15, 2019 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Some team is going to draft him much earlier than we anticipate in hopes of getting some of the Iowa-Kittle magic.

Well we got ours in the 5th round #winning!
Share 49ersWebzone