Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Would love this guy or Elijah Moore some how

Don't forget Dyami Brown

Dont forget Jaelon Darden.

Tutu Atwell
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I have my concerns about Moore. He is not a natural receiver, and his utilization would worry me on any team other than a shanahan offense. No doubt he'd have a chance to be very productive here, and give defensive coordinators headaches with all the potential with misdirection, but he is still a bit redundant with what we already have on the roster. He's not a natural route runner or catcher, and was mostly used on gadget plays. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he missed games this season not because of covid but because of a lower body injury, which would make two major lower body injuries in two years resulting in a lot of missed games. He's strong as hell but sometimes joints aren't meant to sustain so much weight and compression from the heavy lifting on a naturally small body.

What do you mean by he's not a natural receiver?
Originally posted by strickac:
I have my concerns about Moore. He is not a natural receiver, and his utilization would worry me on any team other than a shanahan offense. No doubt he'd have a chance to be very productive here, and give defensive coordinators headaches with all the potential with misdirection, but he is still a bit redundant with what we already have on the roster. He's not a natural route runner or catcher, and was mostly used on gadget plays. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he missed games this season not because of covid but because of a lower body injury, which would make two major lower body injuries in two years resulting in a lot of missed games. He's strong as hell but sometimes joints aren't meant to sustain so much weight and compression from the heavy lifting on a naturally small body.

Struggles catching the ball, and has an extremely low average depth of target. His shiftiness and explosiveness should allow him to rack up YAC, especially in our system, but I worry about him over the middle in the short to intermediate parts of the field given his propensity to drop or double catch the ball, small wingspan (28" arms and <9" hands) , and injury history. Does he become another gadget player used only on concepts at or behind the LOS?
Originally posted by strickac:

Struggles catching the ball, and has an extremely low average depth of target. His shiftiness and explosiveness should allow him to rack up YAC, especially in our system, but I worry about him over the middle in the short to intermediate parts of the field given his propensity to drop or double catch the ball, small wingspan (28" arms and <9" hands) , and injury history. Does he become another gadget player used only on concepts at or behind the LOS?

I agree with this. He's a little too redundant with Deebo. At least Deebo has strong hands and can run decent routes. Moore is more of a RB than him IMO.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I agree with this. He's a little too redundant with Deebo. At least Deebo has strong hands and can run decent routes. Moore is more of a RB than him IMO.

Yup, that's why we go Elijah Moore and fill a need at slot, can play outside if needed and while he has the ability to run the sweeps/end arounds/screens he brings a different element than what we already have with Deebo and Aiyuk
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
7 games in 2 seasons....big pass for me.

You wouldn't have drafted Frank Gore.

Different builds.

Moore had a bad hamstring injury that he aggravated in training camp and kept him out for a couple games. You have to remember that Purdue only played 6 games this season as a whole. It's not like he stayed injured, he had one injury.

seven games in three years is still an issue. hamstring injury in 2019. finger surgery in 2019. lower body injury in 2020.

I get it. He's a swiss army knife and a workout warrior, but too much of a wildcard for me.

He's a small target. I'll give you that. There's plenty of tape of him making touch catches in traffic though. He's also plays very physical for a future slot WR. He has a little Welker in that regard. He's a much quicker and explosive player than Trent Taylor, who was very productive when healthy. Also, when Kyle was in Atlanta their offense was on a completely different level when Taylor Gabriel was featured as the #3 and YAC guy. Moore is bigger, faster, and more dynamic than Gabriel.

Those saying he's more of a RB are just focusing on the volume of jet sweeps, which happens to be something Kyle loves. Moore was the offense and everyone knew where the ball was going. He can play outside, the slot, or anywhere you want to line him up. He's a solid blocker in the run game. Maybe it is a little redundant, but Deebo and Aiyuk have dealt with their share of injuries, so a little insurance would be nice. Plus, that's a ton of speed on the field with all of them out there.

IMO, he's a 1st round talent wrapped in a day-3 body. He could be a tremendous value pick. Kyle knows how to use his skill set and we need some WR depth.
I think he would be a good pick if he falls to us after second round.. I know we need a cab and a safety and with reed retiring possibly a TE but man...
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I think he would be a good pick if he falls to us after second round.. I know we need a cab and a safety and with reed retiring possibly a TE but man...

Ronnie Perkins, Dillon Radunz, Quinn Meinerz, Jevon Holland, Asante Samuels....all better value picks for the 49ers in the 2nd round.

Ronnie Perkins, Dillon Radunz, Quinn Meinerz, Jevon Holland, Asante Samuels....all better value picks for the 49ers in the 2nd round.

Jevon Holland is a freak. We should be set at safety especially if we sign Tony Jefferson but this guy has top 5 at his position potential IMO
[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Apr 21, 2021 at 9:06 AM ]
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:

Jevon Holland is a freak. We should be set at safety especially if we sign Tony Jefferson but this guy has top 5 at his position potential IMO

He's the best ballhawk in the draft. Id be stoked with him at 43. He was great at safety and at slot CB. I'd take him over all the DBs expected to go in the 1st other than Farley.

I'd be pretty damn excited about Moore too.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Tutu Atwell

Speaking of him...

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tutu Atwell

Speaking of him...

Yeah but he plays like he's 150lbs.

Who was lighter than him in 98??
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:

He's the best ballhawk in the draft. Id be stoked with him at 43. He was great at safety and at slot CB. I'd take him over all the DBs expected to go in the 1st other than Farley.

I'd be pretty damn excited about Moore too.

Can be argued that Andre Cisco is the best ballhawking safety in this draft class, but definitely prefer Holland over him due to the speed and range.
Share 49ersWebzone