Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I dont consider the term a "homer" to be an insult, so apologies if it was in any way taken as such. I just dont see how people can get on guys for being critical, cant judge a draft until 3 years have passed, but will say that Garnett is all but guaranteed to be the answer, or that a player like marsh is going to match his career sack total in one year.

Guys who offer thoughtful, fact-based, constructive criticism of the Niners and their administration should be appreciated and welcomed. Guys who spout ignorant, personal biases ("I hate so-in-so; Screw him") without any factual support or reason--not so much.

The former seem fully capable of explaining and defending their views and opinions; the latter not so much.

I do not contend that Garnett is "guaranteed" to be the "answer"--I'm not even sure he will win a starting position. I'm just saying that, given Shanny's apparent preference for mobile, athletic OGs, and Garnett's remolding of himself, he shouldn't be overlooked or dismissed as a "bust" just yet.

As for Marsh, I was not considering him in the context of this thread, but I see why you bring up his name.

Does Shanny or Lynch, or Selah have some yet to be seen plan for the defense similar to Shanny's vision for he offense? Or are they mistaken to rely on Marsh and Attoachu to provide sufficient outside pass rush? Shouldn't they have drafted some help, Landry or Obo or someone? I do not pretend to know, but I believe you raise a valid concern.

No reason to get caught up in negative stress... Why not be optimistic to see how the story unfolds. We follow the team and looking forward to OTAs, TC,pre season and the regular season for a reason right? It's a step by step process before anyone is either right, wrong or right to be ecstatic,disappointed.