LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

DE Montez Sweat MSU

6 tackles 3.5 for loss 2 sacks

Good start to the year
Outstanding stab-snatch-rip move. Textbook hand placement. Great timing. Violent movements. Sweat is impressive. When a player this long knows how to use his hands and chain together moves, he's going to be a problem. Nice bend turning the corner as well.

bwahaha, Sweat put that tackle on his ass.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM ]
Speed to Power. Best asset for a DE
I love Burns from FSU a lot, but Sweat might just be my new number 1. Very well rounded.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Speed to Power. Best asset for a DE

I disagree. IMO, flattening around the edge (aka: cornering) is the most important trait for an EDGE. Luckily, Sweat can do both
Originally posted by Dman11:
I love Burns from FSU a lot, but Sweat might just be my new number 1. Very well rounded.

Bosa is #1 but we probably need to be more realistic with our draft crushes. That's why I didn't bother with Myles Garrett.
Originally posted by genus49:
Bosa is #1 but we probably need to be more realistic with our draft crushes. That's why I didn't bother with Myles Garrett.

That goes without saying. I was talking about dudes more in our range.

Myles was realistic, it was just a matter if the Niners we're willing to trade from #2 to #1
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Myles was realistic, it was just a matter if the Niners we're willing to trade from #2 to #1

I'm glad they didn't. Would've loved to have him there but even with Sully being a bit disappointing at this point the rest of the class looks to be special.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I'm glad they didn't. Would've loved to have him there but even with Sully being a bit disappointing at this point the rest of the class looks to be special.

True, that trade to Chicago eventually lead to all these other great draft picks plus we got Garoppolo

I have Sweat and Sutton Smith as my draft crush next year
Originally posted by Heroism:
Outstanding stab-snatch-rip move. Textbook hand placement. Great timing. Violent movements. Sweat is impressive. When a player this long knows how to use his hands and chain together moves, he's going to be a problem. Nice bend turning the corner as well.

bwahaha, Sweat put that tackle on his ass.

I was just gonna post that 2nd clip..soild power right there
This article highlights some others to consider.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/26/17899160/mel-kiper-big-board-2019-nfl-draft-49ers-needs

With our new circumstance we might be picking in the top 5 again.
This is the dude.
My early draft crush for next year.
Share 49ersWebzone