There are 550 users in the forums
The 49ers 2018 Draft will be a success if [insert here]
Browse 49ers books and videos
Apr 28, 2018 at 6:56 PM
- socal1632
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,757
I'm in the garage with my car. Does anyone have a flux capacitor handy?? Amazon is out. Going to go forward in time to draft 15 DE's next year ahead of them!!! I'll only take 3 with ACL's!!!
Apr 28, 2018 at 7:16 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Will be a success if they go back in a time machine and do all over again
There was a complete malfunction with the lithium ion transponders in the servers at NFL headquarters and they have to do it all over.
Originally posted by socal1632:
I'm in the garage with my car. Does anyone have a flux capacitor handy?? Amazon is out. Going to go forward in time to draft 15 DE's next year ahead of them!!! I'll only take 3 with ACL's!!!
Do it now
Apr 29, 2018 at 1:26 AM
- 49erBigMac
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,056
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:We find someone who can rush the passer and someone else to play LB.
Well, I think that means I have to say this draft wasn't a success
Apr 29, 2018 at 6:07 AM
- Giedi
- Veteran
- Posts: 34,493
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
We find someone who can rush the passer and someone else to play LB.
Well, I think that means I have to say this draft wasn't a success
Definitely left a lot of edge rushers on the table in this draft. Maybe one of the Undrafted edge rushers make the team and save this draft.
At least that's my hope. Still, I like the top four picks. Just wish we added an edge rusher somewhere between the 4th pick and the end of the draft.
Apr 29, 2018 at 7:11 AM
- ajsjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,028
I feel like they are overestimating the quality of our current roster to take so many injured players and players at redundant positions while completely ignoring our most glaring need at edge. If these guys come back completely healthy and play to their potential i will be ok with the draft, though I think it is ridiculous to have a million slot receivers, safeties and non-pass rushing ends. I question any defensive philosophy that discounts the importance of a pass rush inside and outside, and that seems to be the philosophy we are following here.
Apr 29, 2018 at 7:08 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
will be a success if we are granted 3 wishes by a genie
Apr 29, 2018 at 8:26 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
They will be a success if they play well.
May 1, 2018 at 10:09 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
Will be a success if Kyle / Lynch make comments to all players on defense to the point they get all teary eye
May 2, 2018 at 3:48 AM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
If their #1 draft pick fills Joe Staley's shoes in the future.
May 2, 2018 at 4:57 PM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Read this to get a better understanding of our draft.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/30/17306054/forty-niners-offseason-reading-between-the-lines
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/30/17306054/forty-niners-offseason-reading-between-the-lines
May 3, 2018 at 6:42 AM
- GolittaCamper
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,279
Attachou and Marsh generate some edge pressure, and we play well on the back end.