Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 604 users in the forums

Can we become the new Legion of Boom? (Can make a different nickname if this bothers you)

Browse 49ers books and videos

Can we become the new Legion of Boom? (Can make a different nickname if this bothers you)

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A lot of posters are really caught up in the nickname and "No because it's like Seattle and we want to be different and we hate them."

LOL.

That's not the point at all of the thread. So who cares at all about the nickname? It can be a different one or no nickname at all. But the point is this.

1) Can we have a very elite secondary?

2) Is that one possible good way to build if all the best pass rushers are off the board?

I guess it was the title, which I see you have now changed. No 12th man, no legion of boom. I want a great pass rush naturally. Like, what 49ers fan doesnt? But I want to do it our way. And the nickname, if you have to have one, comes when the D has proved itself.

Yeah it can be a different nickname. But if the best pass rushers are off the board I would not mind having a really elite secondary. I would rather have a pass rusher. Because honestly we need that the most. It's possible it is not there when we pick too. At least the elite guys could be gone. So we will see. If we can get a pass rusher I personally prefer that too. I think it is the best thing we could do.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
There's a lot of ifs...if Ward and Tartt stay healthy or not out for long periods, if Colbert / Spoon continue to get better, if Sherman comes back at least 90% and we draft solid depth (eventually become starters), then we'll already have a top 5 secondary that could still get better.

Our Dline is one elite pass rusher from being a fearsome unit. Sheldon Day, Solo and Buckner are legit and will improve even more with new Dline coach.
Originally posted by LVJay:
There's a lot of ifs...if Ward and Tartt stay healthy or not out for long periods, if Colbert / Spoon continue to get better, if Sherman comes back at least 90% and we draft solid depth (eventually become starters), then we'll already have a top 5 secondary that could still get better.

Our Dline is one elite pass rusher from being a fearsome unit. Sheldon Day, Solo and Buckner are legit and will improve even more with new Dline coach.

I like how you think!!! Draft Landry maybe?
Lets call them the Golden Gate Toll Booth (or Bay Bridge) cause nothing gets by
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by LVJay:
There's a lot of ifs...if Ward and Tartt stay healthy or not out for long periods, if Colbert / Spoon continue to get better, if Sherman comes back at least 90% and we draft solid depth (eventually become starters), then we'll already have a top 5 secondary that could still get better.

Our Dline is one elite pass rusher from being a fearsome unit. Sheldon Day, Solo and Buckner are legit and will improve even more with new Dline coach.

I like how you think!!! Draft Landry maybe?

Yup, Landry is no brainer...I'm torn tho, R Smith playing alongside Foster Foster's gonna get time off for his shenanigans, Smith can take over in his absence, then when Foster comes back and the D got more chemistry going, the D gonna wreak havoc

I'll be stoked with either one tho
If we draft Derwin James
All these DBs that we got and Sherman leading them. Can we make fun of the Seahawks and have our group called "Legion of Boom Shakalaka"
No- why do you want to imitate something?. Be an original and find your own personality.
Originally posted by WildBill:
No- why do you want to imitate something?. Be an original and find your own personality.

Because it's making fun of them.
we're definitely trying to replicate it with all of these dbs we got.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,697
legion of boom?

The front office blew the whole premise by taking an OT.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
RELAX fellas !!

I already have a nickname for our secondary..

DOA = Dudes with Attitudes !!!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone